Author Topic: How to solder Ground properly?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline sada22

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
How to solder Ground properly?
« on: March 01, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
hello,

i am pretty young and I am not really that much into electronics and how everything works, I have modded myself a jtag xbox360 some years ago and a couple of scuf controllers, now i changed to ps4 and of course wanted to continue over here, everything worked out fine because of the board scans on this forum ( a big thanks for this by the way ), still I have a question, on the PS4 controller you have to solder a ground, I did it and it works but I wanted to know one thing, I know some people have 2 buttons on each site, like X and O, they solder O to a pin on their O tact button, and same with X, then they use another wire to connect both tact buttons and one button then leads also to a ground poinr on the board, why are people doing it like this? I just gave every tact button an own ground without connecting both buttons with a wire, is this a problem? sry for the english lol

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: How to solder Ground properly?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:37:56 PM »
It's the exact same thing in the end. The other side of the Tact gets ground if you run just 1 wire to 10 Tacts and jumper it from one to the next, or run 10 different ground wires to each of them, it works exactly the same in the end, but in the first example you have 11 wires to solder to the PCB, in the second example you have 20 wires that have to go on it. It really makes not one bit of difference which way it's done, as they both do the exact same thing.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline sada22

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 01:28:53 PM »
okay thanks. and thanks for your board scans

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 01:59:02 PM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal