Author Topic: JDM-020 mainboard connector pins  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
JDM-020 mainboard connector pins
« on: December 23, 2019, 11:14:28 AM »
Can anyone tell me where these 2 pins connect to on the board? The pads have been ripped off a controller I bought and I cant find where they lead.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDM-020 mainboard connector pins
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »
They both go to the group of 3 TP spots right above the connector there.

2 goes to the one on the left.
4 goes to the middle one.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 03:45:54 AM »
Awesome. Thank you.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
I just cannot catch a break with this board. I need to know an alternate TP for pin 9. I was trying something bold and ripped the pad off.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
Pin 9 is just another ground, same as pin 1.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »
Pin 9 is just another ground, same as pin 1.
Wait sorry, I meant pin 11.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
No easy spot for that one, it's one of the USB data lines.

You can attach it on the other side of the board, but that will bypass the Common Mode Choke. Not really the end of the world, and if it's going to be used mainly wireless it wont matter anyway, but I'd do both of them to keep the lines as close to the same as possible since it's differential pair, but that's entirely optional as I doubt you'll notice any issues if only Pin 11 is done.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »
No easy spot for that one, it's one of the USB data lines.

You can attach it on the other side of the board, but that will bypass the Common Mode Choke. Not really the end of the world, and if it's going to be used mainly wireless it wont matter anyway, but I'd do both of them to keep the lines as close to the same as possible since it's differential pair, but that's entirely optional as I doubt you'll notice any issues if only Pin 11 is done.

Thanks so much for the help.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 06:03:14 PM »
Another ripped pad. The one for the LED+. I think pin 3.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 02:51:42 AM »
It goes to the group of 3 TP spots right above the connector there.

3 goes to the one on the right.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »
It goes to the group of 3 TP spots right above the connector there.

3 goes to the one on the right.

It doesn't want to work. I should explain what I'm trying to do. The FPC connector was completely ripped off so instead of trying to find a new connector I was just going to add a micro USB breakout board I cant figure out the LED. I had it sort of working with a 5mm LED but then I ripped the pad off. What's the best way to add an LED? All the pads for the LED are gone.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »
The LED is an RGB, Common Anode. There are 3 LEDs in there, Red, Green and Blue and they all have the same + connection. Pins 2, 3 and 4 are for the - side of each LED, aka the 3 spots above the connector and those Resistors up there are for each of the LEDs.

The LED+ is pin 5 of the connector.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »
Sorry I messed up again. Pin 5 is the one I meant. I forget the pins are staggered. Let me show you my mess. Basically I only have power and ground pads left.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »
That's not going to be super easy to rewire up. That -020 has micro vias, vias in pads and blind vias, so tracing everything out is a real chore on that version board and it's the more difficult one to mess with.

For the LED + connection, you'll have to go to the other side of the board. Pretty much  the exact same spot that pad 5 is at there is a Capacitor just below 2 Transistors. The left side of that Cap (holding the board like you were using the controller) is the LED+ connection.

The LED- connections are the more difficult ones, as the Resistors are missing and need to either be reinstalled or alternate ones wired in. The original ones are 0402 size.

The middle one is still mostly intact, so you could replace that Resistor (120ohms) and use the TP spot for the LED- connection and get the Red LED going again.

The one on the right in your pic isn't that bad, you could install the Resistor (68ohms) from the pad on the right that is still there to the TP spot and also use the TP spot for the LED- and get the Blue one going.

The left one you could install the Resistor (68ohms) and use the top side of the Resistor for the LED- for the Green LED.

If you lift the pads for the Resistors, then you'll need a good board to trace them out and figure out where they come from. I don't have an intact one on hand here to do that on.

Offline sanjua_vino

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 05:23:39 PM »
That's not going to be super easy to rewire up. That -020 has micro vias, vias in pads and blind vias, so tracing everything out is a real chore on that version board and it's the more difficult one to mess with.

For the LED + connection, you'll have to go to the other side of the board. Pretty much  the exact same spot that pad 5 is at there is a Capacitor just below 2 Transistors. The left side of that Cap (holding the board like you were using the controller) is the LED+ connection.

The LED- connections are the more difficult ones, as the Resistors are missing and need to either be reinstalled or alternate ones wired in. The original ones are 0402 size.

The middle one is still mostly intact, so you could replace that Resistor (120ohms) and use the TP spot for the LED- connection and get the Red LED going again.

The one on the right in your pic isn't that bad, you could install the Resistor (68ohms) from the pad on the right that is still there to the TP spot and also use the TP spot for the LED- and get the Blue one going.

The left one you could install the Resistor (68ohms) and use the top side of the Resistor for the LED- for the Green LED.

If you lift the pads for the Resistors, then you'll need a good board to trace them out and figure out where they come from. I don't have an intact one on hand here to do that on.

Hola, muchas gracias por tu aporte constante en este tema...
Serias tan amable de iniciar un post nuevo con el modelo jdm-020.
Si esta a tu alcance, me ayudas con este modelo que llego a mi porque dejo de cargar.
gracias y un cordial saludo.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:24:34 PM by sanjua_vino »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal