Author Topic: Xbox one 1537 analogs always pointing right down  (Read 1243 times)

Offline jayg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox one 1537 analogs always pointing right down
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »
Hello everyone, this is a 2013 Day One 1537 Controller I got from a lot, which is working just fine, except for the anaolg sticks that wont respond to any input. The weird thing is that as soon as I press any button (no matter which one) the sticks would immediatly point at the maximum right bottom, and permanently stay there until I disconnect it. If no button is pressed, the analogs would just not respond to any movement. They obviously are known good ones and previously tested in another controller.

Visually inspecting the board, I could clearly see that the MCU was slightly cracked exactly in front of the U1 chip, and that caused 3 traces to break, precisely the ground one and the other 2 under it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CyvWldwhVI5HUeba39tt3izUk2vSwzj3/view?usp=sharing
So I recoverd these traces and rebuild the contacts but the issue is still present.

Changing the Power board would not affect this issue.

Is there any particular component I should check? I've checked almost every capacitor and resistor and I didn't find anything shorted so far. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:47:06 PM by jayg »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox one 1537 analogs always pointing right down
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:05:56 PM »
If the actual MCU U1 is cracked, then it's most likely a dead soldier as that has caused all kinds of damage that can't be repaired.

If just the board was cracked there and those traces were broken, then there are a few traces on the other side in the same spot that are probably broken as well.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline jayg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »
In the other side the board is intact and also the traces are OK, showing good continuity between the parts. Is like both the analogs are somehow connected to the buttons, but it's really hard to explain why. I guess I'm just unlucky with U1 chips!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:01:46 PM by jayg »

Offline renan.horste

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 12:46:53 PM »
I have the SAME problem, but in my case both of my analog still point to te Right, my MCU board have cracked , and broke some traces, i recovery them but still pointing to the Right

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal