Author Topic: PC doesn't recognize the ds4  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PC doesn't recognize the ds4
« on: April 23, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »
Hello everyone, I had a ds4 board JDM-011.

I replaced the power controller in it. When connected to a PC, the ds4 is not recognized. Writes that the device is not recognized. light indicator  is off.

When I press the power button - there is a reaction, the light indicator starts flashing. When charging from the station through the EXT connector, the battery is charged.

I would be grateful if you were prompted, where are D+ and D- lines on this board.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: PC doesn't recognize the ds4
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:07:37 PM »
D- is pin 10
D+ is pin 11

The Common Mode Choke for the USB lines is there next to the connector, your second imagine right beside where the 12 is for the connector.

Flip side of the board, roughly the same area, the small square chip marked 7710 is a TC7710WBG for charging the battery. Just up and to the right of that is a 5 pin chip, some kind of sure protection chip for the data lines and the 2 series Resistors before they get to the MCU.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,44560.0.html
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 10:57:03 PM »
thanks a lot, RDC. I've checked the Common Mode Choke - it's fine. I forgot to write that the chip 7710 was broken. I've replaced it with the same one from the JDM-020 donor board. But I don’t know if it works well and it was very easily to desoldered and replaced this chip (this is strange), I didn’t even do a reball, the chip floats on the contacts when heated and it looks like it’s soldered well. I'll check 5 pin chip after work. Thanks again.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 05:39:27 AM »
The 7710 ties into the USB lines, probably some control lines run to the MCU as well, so if that thing fried it's hard to tell what it could have done to the MCU. It's also a 0.4mm pitch 25 pin BGA device, no real easy way to make sure that's actually soldered correctly unless you have an X-ray machine handy there. ;)
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 01:28:40 AM »
 :rofl: yeah, having an x-ray machine would be cool. I've checked 5-pin chip - it's fine. It's d6f - 4 diodes with common anode.
I noticed that one ball sticks out a little from under 7710. I removed this chip again, removed the excess solder, but when I tried to put everything in place, all the balls stuck together  :angry:
I'll try to reball this chip or wait for another donor board. thanks for the advice!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal