Author Topic: PS4 controller heats up then turn of!!  (Read 1026 times)

Offline o33g

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS4 controller heats up then turn of!!
« on: April 29, 2020, 05:18:57 PM »
I have this controller I don’t know what’s wrong with it but when I plug the charger it shows the it’s charging(orange light) and after a while it heats up then there is no more orange light just dead I can’t charge it. After it cool down I can charge it again but it dose the same thing. And also it works perfectly but when I play with it for like 15 minutes it heats up and it turns off!! The picture I’ve attached shows where the heat come, and I’ve tried to change the battery but it’s same☹️ And it’s clear that it heats up so badly cuz the cover of battery affected by it. I hope some one help
(Sorry for my bad English)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: PS4 controller heats up then turn of!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 10:57:44 AM »
The IC there is most likely the issue. That board has been hot plenty of times and has started to discolor the solder mack. You can try swapping another IC from another controller (you're not going to find any new ones) but if the heat has damaged the solder joints or traces it may make a real mess when removing the old chip.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Daywalk3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 01:40:53 AM »
Try to replacing IC. https://aliexpress.ru/item/32832488805.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.264d33edxBeKD2
I repaired the the ds4 with the same problem. After replacing the chip, the problem disappeared. the only thing I can advise is that before replacing, first unsolder the elements around the chip. so it will be easier to install.

Offline o33g

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 11:54:20 AM »
Try to replacing IC. https://aliexpress.ru/item/32832488805.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.264d33edxBeKD2
I repaired the the ds4 with the same problem. After replacing the chip, the problem disappeared. the only thing I can advise is that before replacing, first unsolder the elements around the chip. so it will be easier to install.
thanks will try it now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal