Author Topic: PS4 Slim no image no audio "White light of death"  (Read 729 times)

Offline jayg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS4 Slim no image no audio "White light of death"
« on: February 08, 2021, 10:11:34 AM »
Hello, I got this PS4 Slim model 2016 that shows no image and no audio, but the TV still recognizes it as a plugged device.

I've changed the HDMI port but no luck whatsoever. The HDMI port I bought was sold as both PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim compatible, but it is slightly different as you can see from the photo. Maybe is this the problem?

The HDMI Panasonic IC had pretty normal values and the filters has proper connection with both hdmi port and the IC.

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS4 Slim no image no audio "White light of death"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:51:31 PM »
do panasonic get 5V from nearby stabilizer ? also try to replace panas.

Offline jayg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 06:58:17 AM »
do panasonic get 5V from nearby stabilizer ? also try to replace panas.

OK, do you know where am I supposed to inject the 5v and in which exact pin check in the IC? I tried searching up online for some schematics but I found nothing. Btw I mean "inject" with a power supply since the IC is not  accessible when the system is all assembled and on, right? thanks

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 07:10:22 AM by jayg »

Offline jayg

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 09:11:06 AM »
I've bought and installed another HDMI Port, still no signal. No hot air used, only soldering station. Checked all the connections between the HDMI Port / filters / IC.

If the Panasonic IC Is faulty, then why there isn't a single short in the IC or in the whole HDMI area? All the values measured are normal in diode mode

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal