Author Topic: Dualsense 5 center analog input after stick removal  (Read 996 times)

Offline fluffhead

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Dualsense 5 center analog input after stick removal
« on: September 10, 2021, 09:03:58 PM »
Im doing a padhack to create a low profile fightstick using a dualsense 5 pcb. After removing the 2 analog sticks, i need to figure out how to center their inputs. I was told by someone that I need to solder 2 10K resistors for each stick, but I dont think his instructions are correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i have a large selection of resistors, and my soldering skill is getting better all the time.

Thanks!!

Offline fluffhead

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Dualsense 5 center analog input after stick removal
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 06:04:03 AM »
i figured it out

https://imgur.com/gallery/pVQkHAV

I extrapolated how this guy did it worth his hori controller. i have no idea why this works but it does.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/third-party-ps4-padhack-options/173155/879
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 06:05:01 AM by fluffhead »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 08:06:39 AM »
You can use 2 Resistor per POT (4 per stick) to replicate the divider the POT makes and keep it centered, or the way you have it done there works out the same way. It's just 1 divider connected to all 4 Analog lines there instead of 4 separate ones is all.

The main reason to use 2 per POT is that if any of them end up drifting because they were calibrated to a slightly different value, you only have those 2 Resistor to tweak to get it to center back up.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline fluffhead

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »
if i use 2 per pot, what size resistors should i use? the way i have it, it might be slightly off center. i don?t think it?s enough to be a problem though.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 11:17:03 AM »
The value doesn't really matter much at all, 4.7k to 100k, as long as they are both the same so the divider is equal.

If you have one that is drifting, the better option would be to install a 10k Trimpot so you can dial it in to the proper center value. An alternative to that option is to just unsnap the POTs from the stick housings and bend the leads so when you reinstall them they will lay flat on the motherboard. Then you can dial in the center value with them and hot glue them in place.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal