Author Topic: DS4 JDM-055 charging FIX (second life)  (Read 1686 times)

Offline chicotecni

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
DS4 JDM-055 charging FIX (second life)
« on: January 23, 2022, 04:42:40 PM »
First of all sorry for my rusty english, i had a JDM-055 laying around for some time, who previous owner damaged it with a fast charger, so same problem as usual, keep's charging without usb cable connected, when connected doesn't charge the battery neither, etc... So the right fix is to buy an expensive S2PG001A or trow it away. So i've decided to give it a try and analised the circuitry and finally jumped to a conclusion. As many of you who know this gamepad, it has 2 charge inputs, USB and External, so i've decided to jump them togheter because Ext input was still operational, and obviously it started charging again, but with the annoying issue of orange light even without a USB cable attached to it, so i've measured on the PCB and the damaged IC keep's sending power back to the USB charging input all the time, fooling the MCU to the always connected state, so i've cut the trace right on the input of USB charge on the PMC, solving the power return issue and fixing the problem. Now i'm sharing this with any who wants to give it a try, at your own risk, cause jump these two caps is easy, but cut the trace is a little tricky, and needless to say but if you connect it again to a fast charger it will be gone for good.

Blue mark capacitor bridge, Black mark trace cut.

Na einai kalytero anthropo apo ton patera toy

Offline Mbithi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DS4 JDM-055 charging FIX (second life)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:46:04 AM »
image please. :beg:

Offline Ilegator

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DS4 JDM-055 charging FIX (second life)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 07:51:11 AM »
omg thank you very much!! I've many motherboards with this issue. I hope this works. Do you think this is possible to do in other motherboards?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal