Author Topic: localizar resistor de pull up na placa jdm-011  (Read 659 times)

Offline Madruga

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
localizar resistor de pull up na placa jdm-011
« on: August 27, 2022, 08:22:43 AM »
Community and a pleasure to be here among you!!! Well, I have a JDM-011 board with the following problems when I go forward with the left analog, it presses the L2 together, and when I go to the side with the right analog, it presses the R2, I asked a lot and saw that it could be the resistors pull up that must be floating! Can anyone help me locate these resistors?? sorry my english i'm from brazil since i thank you all :hifive:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: localizar resistor de pull up na placa jdm-011
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 08:21:11 PM »
Those Pull-Up Resistors are built into the Flex board that has all of the face button contacts on it, the thin plastic like part in there. If the controller is all together then they are in there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Madruga

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 05:03:38 PM »
now i understand everything. taking advantage of your answer, could you tell me how you managed to make that electrical schematic of the jdm-055? I'll tell you how you did to remove all the paint without the trails and islands being destroyed. I want to make a scheme for the JDM-011 to bring back to the community!! could you help me with this?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 07:35:04 PM »
It is a fairly messy and tedious process that most people want nothing to do with.

There are no silk screen layers (the white letters/numbers) on the board, so the very first thing you need to do is make good scans of both sides and try and identify what each and every part might be, otherwise a schematic is just going to be a massive mess of components that have no Rx, Cx, Ux, ect., ect., values to compare to the parts on the board.

After you have made up all of the board designators, then you can either strip the board of all the components, or remove them one at a time and measure as many as possible so the values can be added to the schematic. That is very helpful, but it is also massively time consuming.

Once you are down to a 'clean' board (just the PCB with no components on it) get good scans of that also. Then the top and bottom Mask layers (the green/blue paint) can be removed with some light sanding to expose the copper traces. Then you get good scans of that, again.

If the board is multiple layers, and the DS4 controller all are, then the top and bottom layers need to be removed to expose the Inner layers, and that can be done multiple ways. Hand sanding, a Dremel and huge pile of sanding discs, or even a CNC could be used, but that's a bit overkill for a controller PCB. Every method is time consuming and messy. You don't want to get down to the actual copper of the inner layers, as they are half the thickness of the top/bottom layers, so they can and will disappear very quickly if you are not watching watching you are doing.

After the top/bottom layers have been removed enough to where you can see the Inner layers, get good scans of that as well. You can also oil up the PCB at this point so the Inner layers are easier to see, and again get good scans.

After you have all of the layers scanned, it's just another long and tedious matter of picking some starting point and then tracing it out to everywhere it goes. You can put all of the layers into some app like Photoshop or the like so you can reverse half of the layers and kind of digitally rebuild the board for tracing it out and marking things to keep track of what you have and have not done yet.

There are loads of PCB apps out there to make your schematic in, and none of them will make the actual work of stripping the PCB down any easier. I use DipTrace, but again, any of them will do the schematic/PCB part of it once you also figure out how all of that works.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Madruga

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 05:42:33 AM »
Thank you very much RDC I will do this whole process, because I have PCBs here to try to do this, it's okay for me to make mistakes in some to see how the whole process really works, I just want to understand how everything works and bring it to the community, so we can fix the as many PCBs as possible, it will take some time but I'll do it I'll do a little bit a day until I get all or part of the schematic to bring to us

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal