Author Topic: Need some good help.  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need some good help.
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:18:04 AM »
O.k. Like the title says...I need help.
I am really new at this site...And I want to start mod my wii and it's accessories.
*The wii-mote A button LED mod
*The nunchuk Joytic+Z and C button led mod
*An possible the Hot rock ii case

But first I want to try with the easiest one I guess it would be the nunchuck mod. I have already found some tuts for that one but I still can't find a tutorial for the wii-mote A button I just find people showing off their wii-motes with the led but never see tut.
Could someone hand me over the tut for this mod?
And btw is there a thread or a section where I can find all the tutorials? Cause to say the truth I think Wiki sucks..XD
Cause it doesn't have a fair amount of tutorials and the majority is psp mods...If I had a psp with me then It would be interesting mean-while it's no good if you are looking for wii-mods...I have check in a lot of sites already wiicade, and others and stlll can't find the A button mod...please hulp! XD

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need some good help.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:21:02 PM »
Please try to be more polite when you refer to something here, especially since it took a lot of time to put together. But basically, for the a button you would wire up an led and connect it to the positive and negative on the wiimote. Then you would put it by the a button so it would shine through.... thats all their is to it. Ill try and post some pics later.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
The wiki doesn't like you either,it thinks YOU suck.And so do I now.
Please try to be nicer when asking for help,or no one will think twice about skipping over this thread,and you would be left in the dust,helpless.xD

Seriously...not hard,google works wonders on people with questions.

A button mod:
Take any color 0603 smd led,and wire the + and - to the + and - on the wiimote.Drill a hole in the A button and hot glue the led in there,or just glue it somewhere near the A button so it shins through.

The nunchuk mods:
Again,wire any color 0603 smd(works best) and wire it to the + and - points described ALL OVER THE WEB.Hot glue the leds in the z and c buttons.

Hot Rock II case:
To install the case,Follow any dissasembly tutorial on the internet to get it apart COMPLETELY.Take the bottom II case and then start rebuilding the wii by following the tutorial in reverse.
The leds:
Never did an II case mod,so I'm not sure.I'm pretty sure it's just soldering to a + and - points on the motherboard.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:02:47 PM by pinoyballa00009 »

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 01:05:53 AM »
I am sorry if I was rude. I have been reading the forum for a quite good time now and I couldn't find the tut so I decided to create a thread and noticed the wiki but still couldn't find tuts for wii because it has other consoles tuts more than wii's But then I say thanks to all of you who helped and those who didn't too. smd leds? All the tutorials  I have read say to use 3mm leds...And I already bought the 3mm leds...T_T

BTw those + and - spots are always the same right the so called test points..I have seen two different nunchuk tutorials and leds are connected in different points.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:53:37 AM by Eddy04 »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 05:02:55 AM »
If you aren't able to do it,I'd be happy to help you out.
Click the link under the picture in my sig and it will take you to my Modder For Hire page. Discounts for multiple mods. ;)

3mm will work,but they are bigger and use up more power.Smd leds would be much better as they are much smaller and use a lot less power,and smaller means you'll be able to move the buttons easier.Larger leds would make it hard.

For the nunchuk the points are the test points near the bottom where the wire for the connector is.With the wire on the bottom,and the thumbstick up, the - should be the left test point and + the right. I THINK.

For the A button,theres multiple ways of doing it. I tryed testpoints, but that ended up draining power from my various parts of my wiimote. On my wiimote i used the nunchuk port - and + and just put a switch in.

And if you're thinking of having me do it,remember,those prices stated are including the price of me buying the parts I need.Such as the leds,switches,and wire,since I have to order online.Those prices include the shipping for what I need to buy too.
If you had the leds or switches or whatever,it would be a lot cheaper xD

Hope this explained it a little more :)

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 02:54:46 AM »
@pspkicks316
    Could you please show a picture of the nunchuk + and - points? Since they are like two or three differente points. So that I could know which Point to use...BTW...I had the 3mm leds some time ago..Anyway..I´ll try and get smd...I hope they had though.

Edit: Are the points the one in beside the Black cylinder Those are the nearest to the nunchuk port.

I would of like you to do the mod but then...I wouldn't get any experience and wouldn't learn. Cause I want to be a good moder just that I am starting. If anything..I could ask you right? XD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 03:09:23 AM by Eddy04 »

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:39:44 PM »
For the nunchuk use the two points on it labled TP1 and TP2 those are the positive and negative i think that TP1 is positive, but if its not just switch the wiring around and all should be well!

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 02:52:05 AM »
Hi guys....I am thank full for all the help you are giving me. Last week I was able to mod my wiimote. Soon will get picture is not the big deal. I just modded the A button but still is nice and I did it!
I just have a doubt how come my a button just glow a little bit and others in this site are very flashy? I know that you cant make led glow more...Which means I would need to change my Led to one that glows more?

Offline OV3RCH1

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 10:57:39 AM »
When you power on the Wiimote without the top cover is it dim or bright?

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »
What kind of LED did you use for the A mod?

Offline OV3RCH1

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 01:48:05 PM »
I used a red 3mm and a blue 0603 surface mount

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »
well try using a 0603 for the A button, it consumes less power than a 3mm LED

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »
0603 surface? Do you mean a smd?
Well the light is dim...It only looks bright at night...But compared to a lot of mods it's clear. If you check www.wiimotemods.com mine glows as dim as the ones over there.

BTW this is my other doubt..I hope you guys can help me. I modded my wii-stand...With two leds and using a usb cable to plug. And something really strange is happening the lights flash when wii is turned on or getting energy once is on they go back to a low glowing mode....like for half and hour or more...till they finally start glowing bright...this only happens when I unplug and stand and leds dont get energy at all...for a long period of time. Did this happen to someone before?

This is the mod glowing bright after so long waiting.

UPDATE:
Thx for all your help guys...Thx to Lethal-b My wii stand is working perfectly but still dunno why a button is dim...is not killing me but after I saw some other modded wiimote I was like why mine is not glowing like that????
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 12:19:32 PM by pinoyballa00009 »

TheG4mer

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »
Double post, not cool. nice wii tho, are thos clear stands standerd in america

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »
Hey Eddy, what kind of LED did you use for the A button?

And next time please hyperlink your links, this time i did it for you  :yess:

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 06:56:15 PM »
Thx for the hyperlinking pinoyballa....btw those are 3.3V blue LEDs....

@MR-7 who double posted?
BTW isn't the clear screen standard for all wii's?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal