Author Topic: DS Lite Screen Cable Extensions  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Grottenschrat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
DS Lite Screen Cable Extensions
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:03:45 PM »
Do you know if there is any way to make the cables of both screens longer? I want to use a completely different case and this would be the only thing I need.

Edit: Also the Touch Screen Cable, but there are only 4 contacts so I think it could be quite possible to solder it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:08:42 PM by Grottenschrat »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: DS Lite Screen Cable Extensions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »
Yes,it would be possible,you could either solder wires directly to the fpc cable,but that would require extreme skill because of the amount of traces in that small cable.The other,easier way,would be to desolder the whole connector off the motherboard,and solder wires from the connector to the motherboard.Still hard,but easier than the other way,and not as risky.

And yes,it would be possible to solder the touch screen cables,just use PvP's tutorial HERE.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »
And yes,it would be possible to solder the touch screen cables,just use PvP's tutorial HERE.

I broke my D-Pad when I tryed that =/

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »
Well,keep in mind the author.

And to prevent a flame war I'll give a better meaning of that.He made the tut,so he's better at it.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 03:50:37 PM »
if you've got the patience and know how you could use conductive pen and any material, or even copper conductive tape.....

if you dont mind never being able to unplug them again you can solder the ZIF connector teeny tiny soldering....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal