Author Topic: LEARN: Watermarking images!  (Read 1666 times)

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
LEARN: Watermarking images!
« on: December 14, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
Here is a list of things to know about watermarking an image (off the top of my head)

There are several ways to watermark a picture aswell....

I will cover them here:

1) Deep (For stuff that you are just barely giving people a glimpse of
2) Medium (General use, People can see whats going on but will not be able to remove your name
3) Light (Your name is there only to show that you did it)

:::: :  :   :    DEEP    :   :  : ::::

You want to give people a TINY taste of whats going on, letting people know that YOU are the person doing this and not giving enough info for them to copy you. This can also be a small picture or very low quality.

Example: (Click for larger image)

In this picture i made it smaller, changed it to grayscale then overwhelmed it with my forum name so as to hide the full depth of the image, you can see whats going on... but just barely.

:::: :  :   :    MEDIUM    :   :  : ::::

This is something that would be too much time to fix to bother removing your name, yet people will see your name and still be able to make out what you are doing in the picture, usefull for writing tutorials etc etc.

In this picture i put an array of my forum name in the background and blended it in also putting my name in the bottom left

:::: :  :   :    LIGHT    :   :  : ::::
just to show that you took the pic or used as a refrence, also for adding notes. usefull if you do graphics that people might want to modify and use as wallpapers/etc (i generally use medium/light mixture for everything as i have the origional picture which is way higher res then what i post)

In this picture i just threw my name in a darker area, Simple and elegant WOOT!

A NOTE TO REMEMBER:
I threw this tutorial together in a few minutes, you all get what i mean... i hate people posting stuffs in tutorials ONLY TO SEE HUEEEEEEEG WATERMARKS!!!!
there is a thing called METADATA aswell...

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal