Author Topic: CFW Question v.2.82  (Read 6850 times)

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
CFW Question v.2.82
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »
   Hi acidmodders. I just won bid on a regular psp on e-bay with cfw v.2.82 and I have been thinking of turning this psp into a cfw (homebrew) gaming consule. I'm new to this cfw world of gaming. I like the idea of learning how to but I don't want to mess up  the unit or even brick the battery. At this point what can I possibly do at my level of homebrew knowledge that would start me on my way to cfw set ups. Any info would help out. Thanks...

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Im Too Lazy To Make Up Lazy Jokes
Re: CFW Question v.2.82
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:00:28 PM »
there are a few Downgraders you can use to get to 1.5.

3.03 downgrader

required: unpached GTA liberty city stories

This is an easy one to use, basicly drag and drop the files onto your psp and then start up GTA, this will put you into 3.03 HEN, then start x.yz update and if done correctly you should be on 1.5

3.50 Downgrader

Required: unpatched Luminies

I think this uses the same techniec (spell check) as 3.03 downgrader, i honestly dont know as ive never used it

Pandora

Required: Pandora battery (buying it off the internet or asking a mate to with a custom firmware for you) Magic memorystick (can be made by anyone)

this can be easy if done right, first you start by making the psp battery into pandora battery, this is easy as a program does it for you. then you have to make the magicstick, you have to connect your psp upto the computer then use two prgrams which format and get your memorystick ready for the magic, then put the files on your psp, pull out the battery, put it back in and if done right it should boot to the pandora menu, you can get pandora menus which take you strait to custom firmwares.

ive writen these very breifly, if you want more description on a certain one i will write it for you  :cool:

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
I would say pandora is the most cost effective method

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 10:48:38 PM »
      Thanks funnyburrandom for that quick info. I might have to take you on that offer. If you can, pm me with the full written info, Thanks...       EDIT-I would like to inform you that when I inserted the new StarWars Squadrom Renegades umd disc game in for play, a message pop up saying, WOULD YOU LIKE TO UPGRADE SYSTEM TO V.3.51. Would this upgrade help out? I didn't upgrade until I chatted with you guys first, waiting for your opinions. Any info would help greatly.

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »
      Thanks funnyburrandom for that quick info. I might have to take you on that offer. If you can, pm me with the full written info, Thanks...       EDIT-I would like to inform you that when I inserted the new StarWars Squadrom Renegades umd disc game in for play, a message pop up saying, WOULD YOU LIKE TO UPGRADE SYSTEM TO V.3.51. Would this upgrade help out? I didn't upgrade until I chatted with you guys first, waiting for your opinions. Any info would help greatly.

upgrading to 3.51 would mean you could only use pandora to downgrade so unless you have the UMD of the other two games i guess you may have to try pandora

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »
Don't you already have custom firmware 2.82? If you do, just upgrade to CFW 3.71-3 M33. There are tutorials all over the interweb on how to do this, so use your friend Google.

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »
umm i just did some deap reading into what you put, you said that you are on a CFW and you want to use a custom firmware, so im guessing that you are on 2.82 ofw ?

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:51 PM »
     I'm sorry if my introductory info was not cleared but yes funnybutrandom, your guess is correct. Under system settings then systems info it reads (system software version 2.82). Not homebrew or custume. Now that this has been cleared, lets move on to the next step and help me turn this psp into cfw unit as I am ancious to learn. Thanks again...

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 07:09:34 AM »
may i ask which one looks most apeling to you?

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
     Well, from your cfw opinion, which version you think is the most practical to manuver and deal with. Although, I've seen alot of cfw apps.,games,etc.. running on v.3.51, not much on 2.82. You let me know. Thanks...

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 03:34:58 AM »
     Well, from your cfw opinion, which version you think is the most practical to manuver and deal with. Although, I've seen alot of cfw apps.,games,etc.. running on v.3.51, not much on 2.82. You let me know. Thanks...

you first need to downgrade, stop thinking ahead, untill youve got to 1.5 or used pandora to go strait to custom we cant do anything

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 04:08:38 PM »
   Okay, in respond to your last message, where or how can I get my hands on a pandora battery with out having to break the bank. Would the battery be the only thing or is there any thing else thats needed to down grade into v1.50.

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
theres 3 ways you can get/make a pandora battery

1. buy it
@ ebay
@ Datel

2. Make Your Own Warning: This one is the hardest as it involves taking the battery appart, and if you dont add a switch it cant be used as a normall battery

TuT at Benheck

3. Ask a mate with a custom psp to make it for you

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »
    Thank you funnybutrandom. I'm actually checking out e-bay right now. I lost bid on a pandora battery including 512mg memory stick, but I'll keep trying.

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 01:52:05 AM »
cool, when you get one pm me so we can start, also if you have trouble on ebay, get the datel "tool"

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »
    Hey funnybutrandom, I Just purchased a set of an official sony psp battery (pandora ready) and a jigstick of 1gb, supposely set up for cfw downgrading. Now is just a matter of when I'll be receiving them thru mail. roger out!!!              Edit: I'll definitely pm you as soon I'l get it in.

Offline bormann

• BANNED
  • Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • i like leds
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 10:07:43 PM »
pandora (ready) lol
i think ready is the ready is the key word
that means it can be turned into a pandora, but not one yet
(i think)

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »
    Hey funnybutrandom, I Just purchased a set of an official sony psp battery (pandora ready) and a jigstick of 1gb, supposely set up for cfw downgrading. Now is just a matter of when I'll be receiving them thru mail. roger out!!!              Edit: I'll definitely pm you as soon I'l get it in.

i hope for your sake pandora ready means it already has pandora on it

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »
     One's again funnybutrandom, your instincts are right. According to the information given about the purchased item, it posts that the pandora battery and 1gb jigkick are indeed set up for quick cfw downgrade. One's downgrading to v.1.5, it gives me the option of choosing either official firmware v.3.71 or v.3.71m33. It also displayed a picture of the type of information mention above from a psp screen. Later....

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 04:42:48 PM »
come on you must have made some progress by now

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »
   As a matter of fact, yes, I've made some progress. I've just received an e-mail message from the seller that he had just ship out the purchased pandora battery and the 1gb memory stick. I'm expecting it within days from now. I apologize for the wait but the seller had me waiting all this time until I had to send him an e-mail in concern of the purchased items.   EDIT: Happy New Year to all you Acid Modders........

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
It might take a while to get it, the holidays to that to ebay  :winker:

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 10:47:31 PM »
         Hey Thorax, whats up. I hope you're kidding dude. I've waited long enough for it. I'm keeping my fingers cross. Later...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal