Author Topic: New to the site(friend of HoP)  (Read 1921 times)

Offline tylar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
New to the site(friend of HoP)
« on: December 16, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm startin to get back into modding and soldering and all that fun stuff :yess: So I decided to join the site. I am one of [HoP]'s Long time friends(almost 20 years) were practically brothers. I have been watching all the sweet things he's been making, and I have gotten motivated to make things again :D He recommended the site to me so here I am.

I started a New Project today. The Idea came to me when I was goin through some stuff in my closet and decided I should put some of it to use. I'm makin a little MP3 computer for my truck. I just ordered a new head unit a few days ago since my other one is on its last leg. I've got most of my computer planned and already know what im doing for the most part. But I may need some advice on a few things still :) Still have some shopping to do of course. And any sites you can recommend for parts and supplies is greatly appreciated :winker: I'll make a post in the PC forum with pics and details.

I'm not too much into consoles anymore, but I have to say [HoP] has shown me some awesome stuff from you guys :tup: I am thinkin about gettin a DS sometime though.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: New to the site(friend of HoP)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 10:04:18 PM »
Pretty cool.  Any specific parts you need some prices for?  We always have someone who'll help you look online!

Offline tylar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:27:18 PM »
I made a post in the PC mod forum that kind of describes what my current needs/wants are. Basicaly im stuck on the vga adapter vs switch to ITX....I'm starting to lean towards the ITX the more I think about it. Wouldnt need a box to convert video = less space! plus the ITX is smaller and uses less of my watts :D

I'll tell you one thing though, It felt good to break out the old dremel and crank it up to 30,000 RPM's to smoke(literally!) some wood! :laughing:

ccccpie

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »
Welcome to the forums...If you need hlep with anything...(specifically Graphics) hit me up on msn graphicsforlife@inbox.com

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
welcome to the house of mod

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback