Author Topic: Touch screen non responsive to touch  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Joboman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Touch screen non responsive to touch
« on: December 23, 2007, 07:53:03 PM »
After some fiddling with my ds, my touch screen seems to not responding to touch, I can still play games that don't use the touch screen since the visuals still show, etc mario kart.  I removed the LCD and the connectors look okay, not sure whats wrong.  As, I mentioned in an earlier thread, I destroyed my LEDs, not sure if it has anything to do with the touch screen.  Anyone know what might be wrong?  Which parts of the bottom LCD connectors have to deal with the touching portion of the screen? thanks ahead of time, and Merry Christmas.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Touch screen non responsive to touch
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:00:18 PM »
The snaller ribbon with 4 traces.Push it in ALL the way and make sure it's connected right.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:15:19 PM »
yes, and becarful not to break the little holder, and trust me, getting that in there is hard

However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »
Heh, you've just answered my problem, I've been having the same problem with the touch screen, I would have to close/open it a few times to make it work. Thanks! ^_^
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Joboman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 11:53:32 PM »
ended up completely busting the screen. i was fiddling with it and i completely peeled off the top layer of the screen which probably killed the touch mechanics of the screen. then i broke off the black connector piece. what luck on christmas huh?  anyways i'm ordering a new screen from dealextreme, any ideas on how to connect the ribbon and the connector without soldering?  hope everyones christmas is well and better than mine  :drunk:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 02:33:08 AM »
It's supposed to come off from the actual screen....don't buy anything new,and by black connector do you mean on the motherboard?If so,just press it down hard onto the contacts,and hot glue it.If that doesn't work,I'd crazy glue it but you probably wouldn't want to do that...

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:09:25 AM »
It could still work, put the peice that peeled of back on the screan, I have takes those things many time off and on and it still worked

now, the back clip, solder them toghter or hotglue it to stay
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 10:13:02 PM »
Anyway to fix the actual ribbon itself? It appears that mine likes to work when IT wants to  :cry2:, so I re-opened it, and noticed that the ribbon is bent and practially cracked, so it like bends then has a crack so that the rest goes down at an acute angle, so I'm wondering if theres anyway to repair that specifically.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal