Author Topic: Need some knowledge to this  (Read 2189 times)

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need some knowledge to this
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »
I was wondering, since I saw that there was a mod to change the power/hold switch to the face buttons for the PSP, if theres anyway to do this for the DS. Not long since my DS' power switch snapped, since I kept opening the case. Long story short, I wanted to know if this was at all possible and what exactly would I need to know to try this out.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Need some knowledge to this
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:32:41 PM »
errrrm its not as easy as that on the ds because all of the buttons are frequently used and you'd be turning it on and off whenever its pushed

but you can ad ANY momentary switch to the ds ;)

Heres a pic to help

take your monentary switch eg: a tactile switch, and connect the ground to one of the poles and the red point in the pic to the other, so when you push the tactile down it connects them, but keep in mind it MUST be momentary

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »
Hmm.. true on that. Well what if I used a series of buttons? like connecting L,R, and Select per say? Probably my least used button on my DS besides select+start would be the L button since it jams quite easily.
Edit- Sorry bout the auction post, It was hypothetical but I guess it should go there.
Dbl Edit- I just had an idea, how about using a touch sensitive switch that I use to have in my Boe-Bot. Basically when you touch it, the switch ends up connected using your finger as the bridge to connect them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:43:19 PM by seikene »
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »
you could use a combo if you had a programmable ic of some sort

if you just connected them up think about it........

if you push one, you'd be pushing them all.........

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 08:52:24 PM »
Bah this is killing me. Well would there be a way to connect an external switch like I mentioned? I'm going to post a pic with 2 switches that I have that I think might work for this.

Edit- The one thing I can see that confuses me is the 1st switch since it has 4 points to connect to and this was of course used on a bread board.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »
that first one should work, as long as its the type of switch you push down and when you take your finger off it releases "momentary"

that second one is a light dependant resistor, it may work, but you will more then likely need to build a bit of a circuit to tell the switch circuit at what photo-resistance you want it to activate

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 09:35:59 PM »
Well the 1st one has 4 points, and I can't seem to figure out how to wire it correctly, and yah I realized that the 2nd one wasnt the one I was talking about. Heh, you've been some serious help so if I sound like I'm asking for much, then please tell. :)

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 11:47:30 PM »
some tactiles have 4 poles but they are in groups of two so you can neglect two

so you gotta find out which ones connect to each other

if you have a multimeter test continuity between them, if they're is no connectivity until you push down the button and then no connectivity again when you release you've found your answer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal