Author Topic: Nintendo DS button LED's By Cyberpyrot  (Read 8743 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Nintendo DS button LED's By Cyberpyrot
« on: January 04, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »
    Nintendo DS button LED's By Cyberpyrot

Parts Needed
    • Leds
    • Wire

Tools Needed
    • Solder Iron

Difficulty rating: 2/5

Average Time to Complete: i.e 30-45mins

Step By Step Tutorial
    Modded Nintendo DS. This mod was very easy, Nintendo was nice enough to label the circuit board so I didn't even have to brake out the Ohm meter.. I don't go into detail on specifics about soldering you can check out some of the other more detailed tutorials..

Hitting the power points on the Mother board was easy because they where labeled on the board and they are well away from any components. As soon as I get some closeup images I will post them..

Here is a picture od the LED's in the buttons I had to drill a slot in the button for the LED's to fit and still be functional as a button I also had to cut a notch in the case for the wires to come out of the buttons.

I also cut a corresponding notch on rubber so everything fits nice..

Here you can see the LED for the D-Pad? I had to trim the d-pad rocker and use the LED itself for the rocker..

Please note Acid mods was the first to develop this mod. If you see anyone claiming to have created this mod please set them strait. If you repost this mod anywhere else be sure an give proper credit to AcidMods. By developing new and exciting mods is how we get new members and if other site steal our work then they are just stealing our members. So in the long run we want our community to grow and we can only achieve this by developing new stuff and spreading the word..

[/list]
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:24:02 AM by laxboy »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline SHOCK?

• Guppy
    • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods User
    Re: Nintendo DS button LED's By Cyberpyrot
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
    Is there a more detailed tutorial?
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:02:11 PM by SHOCK? »

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
    • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods User
    « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
    no lol. at least i dont think so. (for the detailed tutorial) its very easy if the wires are soldered the way i think they are. you dont need a more detailed guide unless you want to know how to glue and solder and route wires, wich you should be able to do if you want to attempt this.

please tell me, are those multiple power wires and the multiple ground wires for the buttons all soldered to one of each wire. like is the 5 power wires soldered to one power wire that you solder to the power point and all the 5 ground wires soldered to one ground wire and then that one wire is soldered to the ground point?

also if this is the case can i just solder as many more wires as i want to that one wire and route other leds to other parts of the ds besides the buttons without adding anything else but a wire soldered to the two wires that is connected to the ground and power?

also if anyone wants to add more leds to the top dont use these points, im pretty sure you can use the speakers power and ground it will save you the trouble from routing wires from the bottom half to the top.

thank you for any help anyone might give me!  :yess:

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
    • Administrator
    • Around the block
    • Post quality +65/-3
    « Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:03:25 AM »
    the answer to your question is YES, solder all the wires to one ground and one positive, so you only have to solder one wire to the mobo supply points.

Offline slick 808

• Guppy
    • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods User
    « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
     would u happen to know if u need a resistor for green, white, or red smds? btw, which is the positive wire, and negative wire the red or blue other than that great tut. :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
    SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal