Author Topic: PSP Silver Ring Replacement by Neubit (Pics Fixed)  (Read 19112 times)

TheG4mer

PSP Silver Ring Replacement by Neubit (Pics Fixed)
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »
I'm sure people handle their PSP's a lot and have a old looking scratched up silver ring on the UMD drive door. For those who can get a replacement ring, here is a quick guide on how to replace that old worn ring with a brand new one.

Step one: Removing the stock ring.

Using a pocketknife carefully remove the old ring by sticking the knife blade underneath the ring and evenly lifting it off. The ring is made out off thin metal and will bend very easy, be very careful if you plan on saving the old ring.

Compare the old and new rings.

Step Two: Gluing the new ring in place

I did this while my UMD door was removed, u can choose to keep the door on the PSP. You can use super glue but i tried to avoid it since if you even get the smallest drop in a wrong place it's pretty much permanent.

Instead i used Araldite Rapid Syringe opaque glue since it can be cleanly wiped off before it dries. Find a surface to mix the glue on, paper works fine

After using a suitable tool evenly spread the glue all around the area to which the ring will be glued.

Carefully place the new ring onto the PSP. Press it down on the ring, if any glue comes out of the edges wipe it clean with a moist towel.

Let the glue dry for about an hour in a warm place, and thats all there is to it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:38:11 PM by laxboy »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal