Author Topic: need help wierd issue!!  (Read 3449 times)

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
need help wierd issue!!
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:43:35 PM »
OK my buddy got this 360 used from best buy private auction ( long story) had it for about a month and it worked fine there is no mods whats so ever but any how worked fine until he got assassins creed and went to update it said half way threw it geeked out since than it will play some games like NCAA football 08 plays fine but now assassins creed and mass effect freeze after a couple minutes of game play. tried to redo update off disk and threw internet but wont let him. he talked to Microsoft and because it has been registered already and use used he has no warranty and it would cost $100 plus shipping both ways to have them fix it. so is there anything i can do to get it fixed without paying them $100 plus please help
Here's my 2 cents on a 3 cent conversation.

Offline Neubit

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • [ nyōō'- bit ]
Re: need help wierd issue!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:16:36 PM »
The same thing happened to me, i updated so i could play assassins creed and after the update the game froze on the first assassination as soon as you get to the very first synchronization tower.

Problem was the disk, i searched online and others had similar problems which were all caused by the bad sectors on the discs, that goes for the 360 and ps2 ps3, try to change the assassins creed disk to a new one at the store where you got it. I returned the game and got a new copy, after that it worked fine.

That goes for mass effect as well, it froze for me right after the first conversation as you start the game, i was just exploring the space ship when BAM, Dirty disc error...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:18:24 PM by Neubit »

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »
so u think it is a combination of the disk and the update? cuz he said mass effect worked fine up until he did the update and he bought a new 360 and that one has no problems with those games so far that is

Offline Neubit

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • [ nyōō'- bit ]
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:48:58 PM »
so u think it is a combination of the disk and the update? cuz he said mass effect worked fine up until he did the update and he bought a new 360 and that one has no problems with those games so far that is
I don't know in your case, but i would say so. For me it was the disc problem for Assassins Creed, but i never got a new Mass Effect copy since i didn't like it that much. However the same Mass Effect copy worked fine on my friends console. And i think he finished the game by now without any problems.

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »
well new issue put in dead rising and it let me play for 5-10 minutes and froze turned off and played again same thing only this time screen went red so i turned off and put in a DVD for the heck of it now i have the 3 red rings of death. think it could all be tied or just a snowball effect?

Offline Neubit

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • [ nyōō'- bit ]
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 12:26:53 AM »
well new issue put in dead rising and it let me play for 5-10 minutes and froze turned off and played again same thing only this time screen went red so i turned off and put in a DVD for the heck of it now i have the 3 red rings of death. think it could all be tied or just a snowball effect?
Its funny you say this because guess how my first 360 died? I got Command and Conquer 3, updated via xbox live, played the game for a few min then it froze so i tried restarting the console a few times and same thing happened every time i would play the game until eventually i got the 3 lights. (all this happened within a 1 hour period)

even thou i cant say this for sure, but every problem i had with my console was right after the updates, discs not reading and console throwing the RROD out of nowhere

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:41 AM »
well i paid 125 for it. sure i can find someone to pick it up for what i paid gamestop will give me at least that in this condition
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 12:40:21 AM by loco7 »

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »
Its funny you say this because guess how my first 360 died? I got Command and Conquer 3, updated via xbox live, played the game for a few min then it froze so i tried restarting the console a few times and same thing happened every time i would play the game until eventually i got the 3 lights. (all this happened within a 1 hour period)

even thou i cant say this for sure, but every problem i had with my console was right after the updates, discs not reading and console throwing the RROD out of nowhere

wow neubit that hurts i have a friend who was playing  halo recently and his dog was near the outlet and hsi dog had a big teddy beard he was jus playing with it trowing it around he hit the outlet and then the xbox turn off he turn it back on and it the red ring of death

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »
i have found a bunch of ways online that says if done will fix the  :x: RINGS OF DEATH :x: and they are actually very easy to do maybe worth a shot but in my case i only get the rings after trying to play several times so who knows if would help in my case

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal