Author Topic: whats the sensitivity of the Analouge sticks?  (Read 3409 times)

Offline zer0shen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • We Have Explosive
whats the sensitivity of the Analouge sticks?
« on: January 06, 2008, 04:30:12 PM »
hey all, I'm new here, so sorry if this has been posted before(I've looked on here for the info)

anyway
I was wondering what the sensitivity of the  potentiometers(?)/Analogue Sticks are in the Dualshock3? and or if they can be replaced with something more robust + a higher degree of sensitivity(and if it was more sensitive would the PS3 register it's input)
perhaps not more sensitive, maybe I mean more accurate.

Ultimately I want to make a neGcon style controller for the PS3 as I am a big fan of the wipEout series and theirs not likely to be neGcon support for WOHD, basicly I was thinking of taking the Right/Left Potentiometer off the DS3's left Analog Stick(which seems to have about a 90' range of motion) attaching a cog from a model shop to the side of it to a smaller cog to give it a 180' of motion, then somehow cutting the DS3 in half, doing allot of re-wiring attaching the smaller cog to an Axle which will connect each half back togther again and other things to get it working

I'd rather not be messing around with cogs, so if I could replace the Potentiometer that has a 180' or even 360' of motion that would be awesome

sorry about my first post being long and garbled, I'll try and edit it smaller if people want me to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon
-zer0shen

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
Re: whats the sensitivity of the Analouge sticks?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:13:37 AM »
you can adjust sensitivity in most games.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »
you can adjust sensitivity in most games.
thats what i call a burn
Derp.

Offline zer0shen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • We Have Explosive
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
It was more of a question of being able to swap potentiometers around between devices

anyone know anything about swapping pots?

-zer0shen

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »
ok if this is what ur doing then i am definitely the one to talk to,what analogs are you intending on swapping?,i once hardwired a ps2 joystick to a pc joystick it was awesome!you can interchange ps2 and xbox analogs for definite cos i've done it before,if you dont want to reveal what you're doing in public you can pm me and i can help you
Derp.

Offline zer0shen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • We Have Explosive
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 06:25:47 AM »
what I'm trying to do is build a Dualshock3/neGcon Hybrid
basicly a Dualshock3 that has the analog sticks removed in favour of the neGcon twist steering

so I want to replace the pot that controls the left/right motion of the analog stick with the pot that controls the neGcon's twist function, at the moment I don't mind loosing the vertical axis

this is just a start so I know that it is possible, I will worry about cutting the DS3 in half and re-wiring the whole thing later I'm not in a hurry

thankyou
-zer0shen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal