Author Topic: I decided to lose my virginity  (Read 5822 times)

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
I decided to lose my virginity
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:46:48 AM »
And here we have it, the product of my first mod and jewel.  Clear exterior with panda jewel.

Yes I ran into some difficulty and I was attacking the casing with a small nail file and a pair of nail cutters to get the pieces to fit in PERFECTLY.  That and I was also working under a stereoscopic microscope to make sure that every piece was filed to perfection (or atleast as close as possible).

2 "DS" screwdrivers and 4 cell phone screwdrivers later, I was finally able to easily and effectively open my DS lite.  As promised I went on a crazy quest to find "the perfect" screwdriver and I found it in the cell phone aisle.  As predicted, the screwdriver that opened my DS WAS smaller then the ones sent to me with my Ghost case and the red screwdriver for the DS.

ANyways aside from that I still have to add in the LEDs to the DS.  More to come...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:49:32 AM by TheMagnolia »

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: I decided to lose my virginity
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 03:43:59 AM »
nice job and all but isn't that just a sticker or paint job or something =P

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 03:53:41 AM »
Don't diss my sticker!

I drew that sticker, scanned it into the computer.  Then I created a stencil, screened into vinyl then spent like an hour cutting it out BEFORE I applied it. 

Even if it's a "sticker"I still spent the better part of a day working on it.

I thought of getting an etched jewel on the case for it but it just didn't look right.  I wanted the heart in the middle to be nice and red and the pandas black.  I tried acid etching it but it didn't look right.  Painting it on looked good on the sample but it started to peel a little.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 04:06:28 AM »
i wasn't "dissing" your sticker i was just asking what it was lol

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:20:27 AM »
"isn't that just a sticker or paint job or something"

Alright I'm just being a whiny ass. :)

I'm proud of my sticker and the fact I finally got the case to fit.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 04:24:25 AM »
aint nothing wrong with that ;)

enjoy

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
Wow, very nice looking DS, mate. The sticker looks like it was made to be a limited edition ds :P. Adding LED would so make it perfect. Not to be a bit fruity, But I keep thinking of using yellow and maybe closest to pink LEDS on the buttons, but then again thats just my 2 non-gay cents XD.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline SmoothDS83

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »
Looks awasome!  I just got mine today and the case is in the mail...  My wife can't believe I am already going to put it under the knife...

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 10:16:31 PM »
I have yellow LEDs but not pink, for that I only have red.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 12:04:09 AM »
why not the insides clear?
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 12:08:57 AM »
less hard on the old eyes as far as led's are concerned, plus you can't say this does not look epic

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5666.0

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 12:14:57 AM »
less hard on the old eyes as far as led's are concerned, plus you can't say this does not look epic

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5666.0
theres no leds for god sake
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 12:35:37 AM »
Wouldn't pink look too... feminine?

Would yellow and pink be a good combination?

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 03:10:16 AM »
He/She did say he/she was going to add them later =P

Offline prettierwendead

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You Are My Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 05:35:07 AM »
i think the pandas with the love heart make it look feminine pink leds are not going to make all that much difference looks good tho keep it up  :tup: :tup:

ps:make sure you have it looking how u want to not how other ppl say it i see alot of that on here and we will end up with everyones consoles looking the same

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
i think the pandas with the love heart make it look feminine pink leds are not going to make all that much difference looks good tho keep it up  :tup: :tup:

ps:make sure you have it looking how u want to not how other ppl say it i see alot of that on here and we will end up with everyones consoles looking the same

True but these are just suggestions heh, you never know if he might add 4 yellow/pinkish LEDs to each corner to spotlight that sticker,eh :P. But very nice looking DS on it's own, mate :D
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline TheMagnolia

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Sleepywood.net
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
LOL

Mine is half and half for a couple of reasons:

1) My inside top was deformed so I sent it back to the seller and he said he'd replace it with a new one and I'm just waiting on that
2) I looked at the videos of the "all clear" and I found it to be HOLY BLINDINGLY BRIGHT and I decided to have more contrast and to just do the buttons to glow.
3) Yes I will add in LEDs as soon as I can find appropriate soldering paste to work with.
4) I'm also looking for pink LEDs now that you guys mentioned it.

On a small side note, yes I lost the virginity on that DS because that DS was brand new and fresh out of the box when I started playing with it.  That DS wasn't even played before I opened it up. 

I'm thinking of a mod for my own DS and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it less... feminine looking.  But cute pandas what was my BF wanted. 

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 07:43:32 AM »
LOL

Mine is half and half for a couple of reasons:

1) My inside top was deformed so I sent it back to the seller and he said he'd replace it with a new one and I'm just waiting on that
2) I looked at the videos of the "all clear" and I found it to be HOLY BLINDINGLY BRIGHT and I decided to have more contrast and to just do the buttons to glow.
3) Yes I will add in LEDs as soon as I can find appropriate soldering paste to work with.
4) I'm also looking for pink LEDs now that you guys mentioned it.

On a small side note, yes I lost the virginity on that DS because that DS was brand new and fresh out of the box when I started playing with it.  That DS wasn't even played before I opened it up. 

I'm thinking of a mod for my own DS and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it less... feminine looking.  But cute pandas what was my BF wanted.

=D

Well that makes sense. Basically voiding your warranty and going through the insides of your DS. Bah I made it sound nasty XD

You could probably make it look cute but dark at the same time.... wait your BF wanted the cute pandas? Looks like someone has a soft side  :hifive:, lol jk, but still, if you really want that one to look less femanine, you could have posted like a character you both can relate to, on each side of the DS, and then probably put the character's theme on the top and bottom, so lets say your samus and he's link. Samus would be to the left, and Link to the right, then Link or Samus would be on the top inside part of your DS as a theme, and vice versa, then the bottom portion can probably have their symbols. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal