Author Topic: Triple battery mod  (Read 24455 times)

Rbman

Re: Triple battery mod
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »
Is it safe to run 2 or 3 in this case batteries in parallel?  Are there any things to consider when doing this, or any problems that could come from doing a mod like this?

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »
I dont realy see any problems that can occure that would be bad but then agin i have seen some wierd things happen. i had a led explode on my face once that hurt. It was installed by the manufature on my computer.

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2008, 04:42:00 AM »
As long as you have proper voltages, no problems.  Its just not a good idea to take just any voltage battery and slap it in there.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
im thinking about doing this myself, mainly so i could use the blouetooth mod without a massive drain lol
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • FileSock.Sourceforge.net
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
I bet you could install a switch for the bluetooth,
I guess it would have to break the line for the power on the bt module, on the plus side would be preferable.

Tech Support Crew at The Gathering 08 (worlds second biggest LAN party)

Rbman

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Is it possible to buy a psp battery socket somewhere, mouser? has anyone found a place?  Not the power socket (yellow thing), the battery socket on the mainboard that is indicated on the 1st page of the thread.

Offline hektic

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
I specifically said Li-poly batteries not any old R/C batteries.  Li-Poly are lighter and capable of higher charging capacities than the 40 R/C batteries you have laying around.  I personally wouldn't use Li-poly due to safety concerns as opposed to weight or bulk concerns.

Just a question out of curiosity.  At what battery voltage does the PSP cease to function?
If its > 2.7V then over discharging would not be an issue, which a leading cause of battery "malfunction".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3690260570423705609&q=li-poly+fire&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
Thats a 4000Mah pack being over discharged in a controlled environment...the street I guess.  The same thing can happen when you try to recharge an over discharged battery.  Basically if you use them with care they are the greatest things since sliced bread, or a hand grenade.

I ordered 4 of those SIXAXIS batteries...got em for $15 a piece :D

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2008, 12:50:37 AM »
actually i just figured out that my nyko stereo system for my psp has a 3200 Mah battery in it running at 3.7 volts, its about 3 inchs from being as tall as my ipod, and about 1/3 the thickness, think i might wind up doing mine with this ;)

also, yea a switch isnt a bad idea, not sure how i would rig it up yet, when i put a bluetooth into it can i not use the on off switch already on the board? its like a hold switch for 2 seconds thing but i think i could make something work, like, actually mount the bluetooth to the umd door or something, that way i can access it, and the miniusb charger! so maybe i wont have to use this battery.... hmmm... sorry, im rambling, but thats a few ideas.
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2008, 01:39:48 AM »
why not add another switch to the system. you could maybe fit one on the memorystick side like in the led mod. except on the out side instead of the inside.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
not a bad idea, but i think ill try to keep it simple and just hit the button from the inside :p
thatd be fine with me. i dont want to cut on my psp any more than necessary ya know?

Buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal