Author Topic: what setup is required to do this  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Shadic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
what setup is required to do this
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:22:22 PM »
I've searched around the forums and read a bunch of beginner tutorial so I have a basic idea of how modding is done. However since most of the tutorials that I NEED to read in order to understand what I need to do in order to pull off what I want with my Nintendo DS Lite all have broken picture. I thought I'd ask here for how this setup would work.

basically what I want to do with my DSL is put red LEDs in the Triggers (L and R buttons) and Green LEDs at the buttom corners opposite to the Triggers. And to put White LEDs for the D-pad and YXBA buttons. and to have either a Dimmer to adjust the brightness if possible or just an off switch if not to turn off the LEDs to conserve Power.

I also want to put in the Pulsing light at the top corner of my top screen so it would pulse to music and again I'd like to include an off switch for this as it can become distracting. (Don't know if I should do this later or all at once since I've never done actual soldering before cause opening the DS over and over might cause threaded screws)

I wasn't able to find anything about soldering points nor do I have an idea of how to create a circuit for this. So could anyone help me and tell me the basic wiring setup what I need to do to get this concept to work? My Dad's very handy I can ask him to help me. But I need to understand how the DS works first so any help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: what setup is required to do this
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:51:29 AM »
smd leds doesn't use that much power so a switch is not necessary just for turn it on and off

for leds in buttons you could drill and put leds in or use this method Click Here

Triggers you could just put leds there and they should show through the plastic if know scrap the plastic alittle you could use hot glue to hold it in place

for the soldering points you could the positive for power leds and theres letters BT+ thats another positive and negative a you could just scratch the paint and solder there

heres the tutorial for sound reactive on dsl Click Here

PINOY AKO

Offline Shadic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:37:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but how is the sound mod chip used by rocky different from the PulseV2 chip? Is it better or does the PulseV2 just doesn't do it the way that I intend it to.

also I want to have a switch to turn off the lights because it can become distracting after a while. I'd like to have the option to use it at will.

and do you have any pictures of the soldering points as well as how drilling through the buttons look? I'm kind of a visual learner and I don't want to drill it wrong and have the buttons not working.

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 08:02:55 AM »
dont drill all the way through just half or less so the leds will show through i thought you wanted sound reactive mod the pulse pulses in a preprogram sequence 

PINOY AKO

Offline Shadic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:25:52 AM »
yeah the link you gave me is what I wanted I just wanted to know what's the difference between that and the PulseV2 chip. Also doesn't that sound reactive mod pulse to the beat of the music?

and what you mean by halfway through is drilling it so it looks kinda like a donut right? or did you mean halfway through as in depth wise?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:30:23 AM by Shadic »

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »
yes thats the chip thats does that

don't drill a hole through it just the middle of the plastic from the inside out where there aren't letters

PINOY AKO

Offline Shadic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
I think I understand now. You drill a tiny hole in the Plastic buttons so the LED fit right? not the connections. So the LED goes on top of the connection right? Sorry if it sounds stupid but without a picture to use as a point of reference I kept thinking that a hole has to be drilled from the underside of the motherboard or something like that.

So basically you put the rubber button connection on top of the motherboard and then the LEDs on top of each of those button then drill a hole on the Plastic buttons so that the LEDs fit in properly and so you could actually close the case is that correct?

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

PINOY AKO

Offline Shadic

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »
Cool they did help thank you so much. I have a good enough idea to actually start planning this on paper now. Just a few more stupid question. The D-pad is the same way right but just use 1 LED in the middle instead of 4? With the Sound Reactive mod I looked at the picture but had a little trouble telling which he soldered the points to did he solder the Speaker Positive and Speaker Negative to the Speaker Left and Speaker Negative right? Does it matter which one we use or does it have to be the left one?

And is it possible to run the LEDs in Series for the buttons LED or does every single LED needs it's own power point because 1 point just doesn't have enough voltage to support 9 LEDs in series?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 06:33:31 PM by Shadic »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal