Author Topic: which resistor to use? ABXY and lighted DOME....  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Sil3ntP3nguin

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Projects here and there!
which resistor to use? ABXY and lighted DOME....
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:50:25 AM »
I want to light all of the ABXY buttons with its coordination color, so blue, red, green, and yellow..

as well as 4 Blue LED's for the dome...anyone?

thanks!
I like tech stuff. Artist in all media's. Photographer. ps3 gamer. i7 computerer.
I sell domestic electronics online, work at a pizzeria, and sell more electronics
and get over $1000 a month doing it :D

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
Re: which resistor to use? ABXY and lighted DOME....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »
I used the same resistor used for the psp trigger mod. I'll get you the spec's when I get back home later today. Keep in mind to that you are going to have to run more than 1 power line since some colors cancel eachother out, trust me, I forgot about this and me and my friend sat there for a long time trying to figure out what was happening... just a little FYI. I can show you the spots I used for power also... Here they are....

The one that says I dont rember I'm pretty sure was the ground since all the wire are running to that point

Offline Sil3ntP3nguin

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Projects here and there!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
......  :confused:

annnnnnnyyywhooo..lol

I really want to do this, drilling the buttons was a pain.
If someone can post a good tut on this, or at least show me where to wire things that would be great.

llamma help a lil bit..
I like tech stuff. Artist in all media's. Photographer. ps3 gamer. i7 computerer.
I sell domestic electronics online, work at a pizzeria, and sell more electronics
and get over $1000 a month doing it :D

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:32:21 PM »
Well, you wire your positives to the "hot spots" and the ground to the other spot labled "I dont rember". Thats a good start, once you get those wired, then you can start wiring up the leds.... use hot glue to hold the leds in the buttons and drill all the way down in the button untill you can see the letter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal