Author Topic: Voice Recognition PSP  (Read 3930 times)

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Voice Recognition PSP
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »
Voice Recognition Controllers

Creating Voice Recognition Controllers. Here is Part 1 of this video tutorial the SR07 board this is the brain of the kit and does require loads of soldering. This kit is super easy to put together. This controller board is what analizes spoken words and determins matches. I plan on adding this kit to a Xbox 360 controller for things like (Reload, Scope, Plasma...)  this kit can be found here http://www.imagesco.com/kits/speech-recognition-kit.html

Low Res Video 56k

High Res video (click on full screen to view up close)

Here is the final controller board.

Well your probably wondering how do I program it to my voice? Do I need a PC to program it? Well the answer is no all you need to do is assemble the included keypad and programming is as simple as pressing a few buttons. Assembling the included key pad is very strait forward and simple to solder. Here is a Video od the job.

Here is the Final KeyPad.

Well now that you have the keypad for entering commands your probably wondering how you will see what command number you are programming. With this kit it includes a digital display that displays the one of ten buttons you are able to control with voice commands. her is the assembly video of the Digital Dsplay.

Here is the final Digital Display.

To give you an idea how it work I created a small test video. As you can see you can program the device to any word and programming is very easy. You can program key words like "Reload" to free up button presses in the heat of battle.

Here it is Assembled.

Onceyou program your desired words you can remove the keypad and display to slim down the componants.

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: Voice Recognition PSP
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »
Damn!!!! can't wait to see the final product...

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »
I see where you are going with this, but honestly it seems like a lot of work to mod a controller to reload itself and such.  If you were reloading you can't fire anyway so you really don't save time there and if you are playing on XBL you would hevto mute yourself or people might get annoyed if you keep randomly saying "reload"  I could see this being effective in other areas however.  Like yelling starpower to activate it on Guitar Hero

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »
I see where you are going with this, but honestly it seems like a lot of work to mod a controller to reload itself and such.  If you were reloading you can't fire anyway so you really don't save time there and if you are playing on XBL you would hevto mute yourself or people might get annoyed if you keep randomly saying "reload"  I could see this being effective in other areas however.  Like yelling starpower to activate it on Guitar Hero

what about performing a combo of moves like a button sequence.

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »
I kind of see where your going with that but what game are you planning to use it on most (if any)....

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »
I kind of see where your going with that but what game are you planning to use it on most (if any)....

The possibilities are endless for counter measures like "Duck n roll" "grenade n jumpback"

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:38 PM »
like what?  I can play almost every song on GH3 on expert (81% of TTFATF on EX)  and thats just about the hardest button comboing game there is.  The other types of games you might need to combo buttons is fighting games, but most of the time you need to have split second reaction times and react to what your opponent is doing. 

Like I said, this would be more practical in a situation where you would be doing something to litterally throw you off the game, like tilting a guitar 90 degrees while trying to strum 12 notes/second in TTFATF.  The only real practicality I could see myself wanting from this is the roadie run in Gears, but that would require you to make the sound reactive toggle enables as you need to hold the "A" button down.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »
like what?  I can play almost every song on GH3 on expert (81% of TTFATF on EX)  and thats just about the hardest button comboing game there is.  The other types of games you might need to combo buttons is fighting games, but most of the time you need to have split second reaction times and react to what your opponent is doing. 

Like I said, this would be more practical in a situation where you would be doing something to litterally throw you off the game, like tilting a guitar 90 degrees while trying to strum 12 notes/second in TTFATF.  The only real practicality I could see myself wanting from this is the roadie run in Gears, but that would require you to make the sound reactive toggle enables as you need to hold the "A" button down.

Like I said the possibilities are endless you could use it to open up menues for D&D games or take a potion.. being narrow minded is wat limits us to the technology provided for us by the companies rather then us developing our own.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:41 PM »
In that sense it might be more usefull on a keyboard where you could program macros for games like WoW

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
also not being an expert at all games I tend to be able to vocalize what I want to do befor I can think of what button does it. Thats why im usualy screeming at the the "Jump" well after the fact...

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »
also not being an expert at all games I tend to be able to vocalize what I want to do befor I can think of what button does it. Thats why im usualy screeming at the the "Jump" well after the fact...

lol *self playing Guitar for a guitar game*

I can see where you are coming from.  I'm more of a game freak however, I have the sensitivity set to 10 (Insane) where they consider 4-6 Very fast.  On little twitch can make your guy do a 720.  I like being in complete control exactly when I want it.  Also, I forgot to ask, what is the lag in time for the chip and can word combo's be used (jump and throw frag at the same time)

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 04:11:24 AM »
yeah that could be an issue if there is too much lag time, but if you are in a battle and need to take a health pack through a button combo this could really help

Offline MaO

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 07:13:19 AM »
This is a pretty expensive mod to do for a psp
and if you are doing it on a xbox are you going to put this thing in the controller?(does that fit?)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:31 AM »
This is a pretty expensive mod to do for a psp
and if you are doing it on a xbox are you going to put this thing in the controller?(does that fit?)

I am using it for an Xbox controller I plan on wireing it as to be interchangable between 360/wii/PS3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal