Author Topic: Brighter Power LED  (Read 2119 times)

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Brighter Power LED
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
I want my power LED brighter. Do i just bridge the top resistor? and i just accidently ripped off the postive for the power led. the metal contact came off. How do i fix that?

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: Brighter Power LED
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:35:24 PM »
Yes and you will have to find the trace and scratch the paint off it to reveal the trace and solder the led to it...

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
bridging the resistor is only a temporary solution. it will cause your led to burn out, your better off buying a new led with a higher out put (MCD if im correct)

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
I think theres no power going to powerboard anymore....I broke the metal part for the power led so i tried to solder it to the resistor. Now it doesnt turn on any LED. i think i will be needing to buy another powerboard... :angry:

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:39:09 PM »
I think theres no power going to powerboard anymore....I broke the metal part for the power led so i tried to solder it to the resistor. Now it doesnt turn on any LED. i think i will be needing to buy another powerboard... :angry:
There is still power the resistor u wire the led to is negative what u need is a positive power and a negative here is a pic (its not mines got it from dealextreme):

u see the little black things in the green box those are the resistors top one is for poweron the bottom for charging these resistor are negative the place in the red polygon is a postive source so u could easily scratch then wire a piece of wire from there to the led and it should work 
P.s. if u wanna use 1 led for chargin and power on just bridge both resistor together with a blot of solder

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »
Ok thanks but i already tried that and it didnt work. I soldered to the resistor and the other end to soemwhere the the red area. i think theres no power going to that area anymore.

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 11:13:21 PM »
maybe u have a bad ribbon did u try switching ur ribbon

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:35 PM »
Its the powerboard...the ribbon works fine...powering on psp, turning off, standby...etc..This happened on another powerboard too.

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 12:48:04 PM »
ok if u say so.......or if u want try bridging the powerboard by running a wire from the 5v spot on the mobo to the powerboard that might work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal