Author Topic: Want to build me a PC, Have a mobo :D  (Read 3119 times)

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Want to build me a PC, Have a mobo :D
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:19:05 PM »
Basically, my cousins went to my house to talk about the arrest and my whole modding thing, when they see a mobo under my bed, I thought it was busted but dint want to throw it away, so he said  "Why don;t you use it?" and I'm like, I dunno much bout comps, so after some discussion, he says he can get me a video card for it and I know I can find soem RAM on Ebay somewhere, but I dunno what I need to connect the power on it, so I can test it out and be sure it works. Basically my cousin said that the processor is VERY good for a computer that old, and everything looks like it's in place, so he said all I need is vid card, RAM, and a case which I might find to make it water cooled :D, in the meantime, here are some pics, and if you can, please give me some suggestions, or help on finding a way to see if it works and what I would need, because I know more into handheld consoles, not big more technical PCs :P.

Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Want to build me a PC, Have a mobo :D
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
Well first off it doesn't look like you have any PCI-E slots which is a problem. The best video card you could probably get is a GEforce 7600 which costs around $140 Dollars, the RAM it needs is probably DDR SDRAM, go to Newegg.com for best prices on ram. Do you need a power supply? If you do go to newegg aswell and get a 300-500 watt power supply. At this point though it probably would be best to just scrap that motherboard and get a whole new PC. By the looks of it I'm guessing that the processor is only a single core probably a pentium 4 or so. Also theres no SATA ports. If you could, can you get the exact name of the processor?

If you are going to use this for gaming, don't. It would probably be good for work, but nothing too extreme.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »
Hmm dunno much on this, but I'll give a few name I read:
AMD Athlon
Pentium IV
nVDIA nforce2 MCP
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
yeah if you want to use this for gaming I would suggest getting a new PC now with the right RAM and video card you could probably getting Half Life 2 running at maybe 80 FPS max on high settings. But then for DX10 games you would need vista anyways and probably a faster processor, but then again you could always overclock your processor and video card.

My suggestions, (if you're going to use it) is to get 2 gigs of RAM and an AGP 7600, which will probably cost you around $200 dollars for everything.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »
Danm, well I just want to use this to browse on, if anything try to mod it in anyway.

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 06:56:07 PM »
Well if your just going to use it for basic stuff, like browsing, then this should meet your expectations for it. If you have an intel processor try overclocking it a bit, most of their processors can be overclocked quite a bit.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:18:10 AM »
you need to put a battary in it (you know these small things) because there isnt one in

if you dont your pc will only boot up in DOS

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
Yeah I noticed, and wondered who the *censored* stole my battery, lol. Alright so I need the button battery, a power supply, RAM and a video card, anything else I missed?

What do you think the minimum watts for the power supply would be? This mobo should be quite a few years old...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:39:28 PM by seikene »

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 07:30:14 PM »
450-500 watts should be fine.

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 08:17:34 AM »
i hope you have a monitor. :)

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline JefeSand

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 08:05:29 PM »
From what I can tell it looks like you have an AMD Processor, either Athlon or Sempron. If you look at the black space on the CPU with the writing, under where it says AMD Athlon/Sempron there is a 12 digit code (model number) the four numbers after the first 3 letters is what it is. exmple SDA3000DUT4D is an AMD 3000+ sempron. You could possibly make this into a lowend gaming pc, but don't expect to play any of the newer, graphic intensive games with it.  Really making this into a gaming PC would only leave you wanting.  If you just want to use this as a PC just to browse with.  I would get a cheap micro ATX case with no more than a 250 watt powersupply, even 250 is over kill. About 512MB of PC2700 DDR RAM. An inexpensive IDE hard drive.  And whatever monitor you want to use.  I noticed the motherboard has onboard video and audio, so no need to buy a video card or sound card, if it is just to browse.  But before you buy anything check to see how much all that will cost first, becuase you could probably wait for a retail store to have a sale on a lowend system and get it cheaper.  Also don't forget about keyboard, mouse, speaker, and OS.  If you are looking for a descent free OS use Ubunto. It is a fairly easy to install and use linux distrobution.   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:20:27 PM by JefeSand »

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
i have a GPU for sale and its pci its a fx 5200 and i'll sell it for $30 plus shipping since your in the US then the shipping is cheap

PINOY AKO

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:54:19 PM »
BTW, its spelt Ubuntu, not Ubunto.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal