Author Topic: GBA pinout and GBA TV-out pinouts - from BigBoy Advance project  (Read 12287 times)

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
GBA pinout and GBA TV-out pinouts - from BigBoy Advance project
« on: February 02, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »
My first completed console mod was the BigBoy Advance, which was basically a GBA with a GBA Transverter TV-out card. I made a crap case and used AA cells to power it, but it worked. First effort after all!! (I have improved a lot since then). The guide does however have lots of pinouts, which I spent a lot of time researching on the web, other pics on the link are from my work.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=19038

GBA pinout

GBA Transverter pinout

The Sync (pin 3 on the PSone) wire is soldered to the pin on the Transverter (4th pin on the reverse of the Transverter, shown with red dot); and the Ground (pin 7 on the PSone) is soldered to the last pin on the Transverter (shown with the blue dot).

Alternative TV-out card pinout

If your card looks like this one, pinouts are easier to work with:

If you hook the RGB to the PSone screen, you connect as follows:

Make sure you connect a wire from pin 12 to the chip on the reverse of the mobo (for the 5v connection)

If you want to run the system off batteries, best to use high mAh cells, preferably Li-ion. Alternatively you can power the screen and TV-out card by the PSone power supply. You also need 3v for the GBA mobo, which you can either use a couple of AA's or a step-down regulator to bring it to 3v.

Reason for this mod? Bigger screen, bigger and better speakers, easier to hold system and buttons as big and as spaced out as you feel comfortable to use. This is a worthwhile mod.

I ripped this apart from BigBoy Advance and added it to my Nintendo 64 Advance dual console system later.

Any questions, please ask!

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: GBA pinout and GBA TV-out pinouts - from BigBoy Advance project
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=19038

plz hyperlink your url's ( button)

nice tut btw, im guessing it would come in handy for home use, but how good does the picture come out?
stretched/distored?
or did i just not read it and it comes out good quality?

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
Re: GBA pinout and GBA TV-out pinouts - from BigBoy Advance project
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »
Quality is excellent, as RGB output.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal