Author Topic: sent in psp what will happen?  (Read 5217 times)

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
sent in psp what will happen?
« on: February 06, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »
well I dont want to buy a new motherboard try and replace it then break something else, since it was my hands that caused the need for a new mobo in the first place. SO i requested the in warranty service to send me the box for an exchange. now i have done the umd door mod and have also broke my warranty so i know that means this exchange wont be free. they said if unpon inspection of the unit if they find that its no longer under warrenty that they'll email me with the price for repair/exchange. so does that mean that il just have to send in the money and basically get a nice working psp system in return. all under the price of a new/used model?  :confused: many thanks.

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: sent in psp what will happen?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:42:55 PM »
I doubt it'll cost more than a new psp but you never know what sony will do... what exactly did you do to the mobo?

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:50:31 PM »
i really think they will sell you a normal psp they don't really like people modding their psp or send it back. i really think it would have been better to replace it yourself or ask one of the modder for hire to repair it for you i bet it would be cheaper

PINOY AKO

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
Sony will charge you alot, about $100, and then just give you a refurbished unit, without any of your mods etc.

Really be better if you swap it yourself, its not hard.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 12:27:28 AM »
Sony will charge you alot, about $100, and then just give you a refurbished unit, without any of your mods etc.

Really be better if you swap it yourself, its not hard.

that was exactly my point you have just lost everything you have done mods, firmware, and money

PINOY AKO

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »
$100 is the baseline, its more a slap on the wrist for voiding your warranty, $100 is more like minimum.

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »
ehh, $100 is good for me. the only mod i did was the umd door mod and even that was only about a 6/10.. i didnt do a real good job. and what had happened to my mobo was one of these little gold colored teeth thingies had popped out of the ribon cable lock that was right abouve the lcd screen ribon cable so when i tunred it on the backlight didnt come on and i couldnt see my lcd screen.... plus i had lost 3 screws, messed up my triggers atempting the trigger mod without a tut. so i think $100 is a good deal for a refurbished system. as long as i get my darthvader silkscreen batt. cover back with the refurbished psp il be happy.  :yess: another question tho, how long will it take for the psp to come back. i got an email stating that the box should get here feb 11 so once i send it in how long will this whole process take? thx again for the replys.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »
2 weeks or so, seeing how so much is wrong, they may just charge you for a new PSP, as it sounds like its in a bad way.

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
2 weeks or so, seeing how so much is wrong, they may just charge you for a new PSP, as it sounds like its in a bad way.

yeah, it is in pretty crappy shape...

EDIT: dont they have some refurbished psps that they could just give me and charge me for that instead of actually repairing the one i sent in
?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:21:41 PM by cobain93 »

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »
They just send you a new one, but they have to process it etc, they could also reject it.

Offline prettierwendead

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You Are My Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
sounds like your either gonna be paying out big bucks or getting ur psp bk no cheap fix here

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »
They just send you a new one, but they have to process it etc, they could also reject it.

damn, well thx for the info guys i realy apreciate it! :)

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
all im saying is, it will be much cheaper and easier to fix yourself.

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
all im saying is, it will be much cheaper and easier to fix yourself.

yea i have realised this myself, and i know im capable of doing it as i've taken the psp apart completely on several points in time to find spots  to solder leds to and their is the tut. and all but my mom thinks that itl be a waste of money to buy a new mobo and let me install casue she thinks il break it, even though il be paying for it with my own god damn paycheck =/...... doesnt realy matter to me cause 100% of my paycheck is disposable income so i have lots of cash to spend. ($400 to be exact) and i know now youll say just go buy another then, but for sum reason i just dont want to go out and get another..... idk y.

Offline prettierwendead

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You Are My Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »
i know wot u mean not buying another psp i personaly get attached to my consoles wen ive bin modding them and going out buying new makes me feel like ive given up

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 08:47:44 AM »
i know wot u mean not buying another psp i personaly get attached to my consoles wen ive bin modding them and going out buying new makes me feel like ive given up

exactly.

Offline rickem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »
I have 7 psp's and i still use the one i bought when they first hit the shelves. It's the original attachment to it and could never sell it. I sold two this week and I was asked about the one I was playing and i actually think I snapped when I said no.

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
I have 7 psp's and i still use the one i bought when they first hit the shelves. It's the original attachment to it and could never sell it. I sold two this week and I was asked about the one I was playing and i actually think I snapped when I said no.

lol thats how i feel, well the final price was $90.00 i payed it and their sending me my exact psp console back with a new warranty a new umd door and new mobo! real cheap considering the repairs! i should get it back within the week!

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:02:07 PM »
$90 lol

Did you know that it costs Sony $20-$30 to get a new psp?

Thats pretty good considering they give you a new warrenty sticker.
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline cobain93

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »
$90 lol

Did you know that it costs Sony $20-$30 to get a new psp?

Thats pretty good considering they give you a new warrenty sticker.

was that sarcasm? and i knew that it doenst take much for sony to make a psp. any shoes that are above 100 dollars actually cost near 2 cents to produce. so i kinda guessed that principle aplied here. im still glad it wasnt above $100

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
=\ =\ b4 i new how to mod they where gonna charge me $200 just to change the umd door =\ i fixed my slef for like $10 (for the umd door)

anyways i rekon you should study taking apart a psp and learn about it trust me save you lots.
it took me like a month to acctully try to open my psp =] so dont worry if your scared just study
alot thats what i did.make sure you study b4 getting into there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal