Author Topic: Hoping to spray paint my N64  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Austin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Hoping to spray paint my N64
« on: February 12, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »
Hello everyone, im fairly new to AcidMods. I wanted to ask a question about how to go about SprayPainting my Nintendo 64. Its a original black N64 and im hoping to spraypaint it sometime soo

I have a 45 mm drill bit and my N64 is opened. Should i just take the hardware out and bring the two pieces of the N64 (top and bottom) somewhere to be painted?

________
Lastly i want to paint my N64 a pure smooth white. Im not going to be doing anything fancy, i just want to spray paint it a nice white. What paint does everyone suggest i use? Should i just use primer? How many coats do i need to put on? And do i need to do anything else to prep my N64.

New to the whole spray painting thing.

Thanks in advance
~Austin

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: Hoping to spray paint my N64
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »
use 2 coat of primer 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of cleargloss and u will get an awesome finish,and remember dude i mean light coats,if the 1st coats of paint doesnt completely drown out the colour of the primer then dont worry the next one will,so dont go painting loads on at once,4 light coats gives a way better finish than 2 heavy coats always remember that
Derp.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:30:38 PM »
Remember when spray painting to start spraying off the plastic and sweep over it to the complete other side, going off their as well.  This will prevent any uneven buildup.  If you feel comfortable taking out all the hardware then by all means go right ahead and paint the case without fear!

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
Dont paint with any hardware inside, you want just the plastic you are going to spray.

1. Wash with Soapy Warm Water
2. Air Dry
3. Spray 2 coats of Primer, holding the can about 8cm away, and extending over every edge, giving 10 mins between coats.
4. Wait for 45 Mins
5. Apply 4 Coats of colour, same as primer, giving 15 mins between coats
6. Leave to dry for 2 days
7. Spray 3 coats of clear, same as Primer and color, giving 20 mins between coats
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Dont paint with any hardware inside, you want just the plastic you are going to spray.

1. Wash with Soapy Warm Water
2. Air Dry
3. Spray 2 coats of Primer, holding the can about 8cm away, and extending over every edge, giving 10 mins between coats.
4. Wait for 45 Mins
5. Apply 4 Coats of colour, same as primer, giving 15 mins between coats
6. Leave to dry for 2 days
7. Spray 3 coats of clear, same as Primer and color, giving 20 mins between coats
looks like somebody knows their rules too!and no i'm nt being sarcastic this is a genuine emotional moment for me!
Derp.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 06:13:30 AM »
Obviously, Spraying is one of the best things for me!
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal