Author Topic: Parallel Memory Stick (1st video demo EVER) !!!!  (Read 21239 times)

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
Parallel Memory Stick (1st video demo EVER) !!!!
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »
Hello, this is the first video demonstration ever of the Parallel Memory Stick mod. I will be releasing the news about this mod from now on here, in the first post, in order to avoid the searching through this thread for my updates. Hope you enjoy it and sorry for my english  :winker:

Video
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:09:28 AM by everlasting_will »
First Be then PSP !!

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
Re: Parallel Memory Stick
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »
try this third read my edit 2 first

you need to connect the memory card slot on the right hang on ill edit your picture

EDIT:

try this second

also if the orange wire is the power you have wired the switch wrong

it should be | blue | orange | blue | if the orange is the power so that when you move the switch the power goes to the right one at the moment if orange is power it will be going only to the origional memory card slot

EDIT 2:

try this first

also arent you supposed to switch just the power not the bus state

vcc/ power is pin 9 top to bottom

also to wire it correctly you would disconnect the vcc from the card slot attached to the motherboard and connect it to a wire, then you would attatch it to your switch on the second pin in

then the switch should be like this

blank | vcc from card slot on board | - | - |

then attach the vcc slot from the board to the third pin so it would then be like this

blank | vcc from card slot on board | vcc from mem stick board | - |

and then finally have the vcc from the switch to the second slot connected to the fourth pin on the switch like this

blank | vcc from card slot on board | vcc from mem stick board | vcc from switch to slot 2 |

i will make an image to show you now

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:30:18 AM by FaT3oYCG »
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
Hi FaT3oYCG and thanks a lot for answering so fast!
Sorry about the colors of the wires i was just testing so if it works i will do it more seriously. Power is the blue wire in the middle (i know it doesn't make any sense, sorry) so it seems there isn't any problem with this, still unbelieveable what happens.
I find very interesting where you say i have to connect the card slot on the right hang on, i am going to try it, but do you know why is that?
EDIT:Thinking about it, what you are saying is that i should shortcut both card slots, but as far as i know there isn't anything on the memstick connected to the slot chasis so i can not see how can this help?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:39:46 AM by everlasting_will »
First Be then PSP !!

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:46:42 AM »
i am uploading a picture of the proper wiring now

what i was saying is that you need to unsolder or disconnect pin nine (9) second one down from the board this is the vcc

how to wire it parallel

finally it uploaded try following that

here is a picture of the memory stick connections

hope that helps the only other way i could possibly help you would to be to do it myself which i cant do at the moment as i am still waiting for my new soldering iron

oops im wrong i have the pins in the wrong order one mo ill change the picture
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:04:48 PM by FaT3oYCG »
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »
I have used the VCC not the BUS STATE (at least that is what i thought). If you look at the picture you will see that in top of the pins there are a number 10 and in bottom a number 1 (number 1 can't be seen in the picture) so if you start from the top, pin 9 would be the second one wouldn't be? Also what i have done is in acordance to the diagram you show (i don't know if you have change it yet). Well in any case if you are sure that power is the 9 pin starting from the top i could try it, but doesn't make many sense to me.
Thanks a lot again man!
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »
That is exactly what i have done. But now i am thinking about it, i just broke the line that goes from the capacitor (near to pin9) and pin 9, but now i am thinking that probably pin 9 goes to another way else apart from the capacitor.
So I will make what you are saying, i will break the pin at its base, and wire it to the switch and all the stuff.
Yeah sure this is going to work, you were absolutly right.
Thanks for being so patient.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »
oh and i just spotted an error with my wiring

where the orange and blue connect to the switch swap them so the orange would be on pin 3 of the switch and blue on pin 2

also you NEED to break the pin 9 from the board sorry for the wiring mix up
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »
sorry i got no clue but i will be trying this mod as it would be awsome to have 8gb internal mem stick. Hope u work it out
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 02:47:32 AM »
as soon as i get my new soldering iron i am doing this i was going to wire the internal hard drive but why when i can have another memory card slot and just plug it in internally this will be a great mod i might just go out to a shop and get a soldering iron if the one i ordered doesn't come soon
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »
IT WORKS!!
I disassembled everything i had and i did it again, but now in the final position of the slot, i mean i already put the card slot in the right place.
Also although i said it works there is no posibilities of changing the memory you want to read, this means that if some of you do this and the internal memory can not be reached from the outside for taking it out the psp won't be able to read any card inserted in the original slot.
I was afraid of this before making the mod so i thought that probably the pin number 6 also has to be in some switch. As long as the pin 6 is an out pin, i mean the info goes from the mem stick to the psp, i have thought about putting it in a switch and shortcut it with ground ( with a very low resistance between both pin6 and ground), so that way all the voltage goes to the resistance and not to the psp, this way the psp will "believe" that you have extraced the memory stick and then you will be able to choose what memory wants to be read.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 12:23:53 PM »
if you did just a mem stick wired internally then ofcourse it works :S
As I said i am trying to be able to switch between both mem sticks to choose which one i want to use. That was the first step and now i am thinking about how to use pin 6 (INS) to be able to change one from the other.
I know it is obvious, if i connect the pins directly to the new slot the mem has to be functional, and I also know that you know that this is also obvious: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13942.0 .
But i haven't post any stupid word on it because i respect what other people do, although some of those things are obvious to me.
Also as i said i am still investigating so i was happy because it was a good beginning.Now i know that i could make it work if I add an extra switch for pin 6 but i want to find a way for not using this extra switch.
If you already knew everything about this i can not understand why the only mod i found from you is how to wire leds to the hold button, may be you are spending to much time giving the kind of answers you gave me and asking for money for doing what your expected to enjoy with.
I hope you won't spend more time banning this which is just my opinion that i wrote with respect.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
you could wire it up to the switch that you have quite easily all you have to do is think about it

also wiring a switch to pin 6 will do nothing
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:13:47 PM by FaT3oYCG »
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
Are you able to put the 2nd reader inside the psp?
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
you could wire it up to the switch that you have quite easily all you have to do is think about it

also wiring a switch to pin 6 will do nothing

I already wire the vcc to the switch and works perfect. The main problem is as follows:
-You have two memories, only one is powered ok? but the problem comes when you want to change the memory the psp is reading from. If you move the switch to powered the other memory stick without extracting the first one the psp won't realize that you have change it as long as there won't be any change in the 6 pin. So in the end what happens is that you have changed the memory which is powered but the psp doesn't know.
For example if you are watching the preview images in the xmb in game/memory stick and you change the switch and insert a memory in the other slot nothing happens, the preview images are the same but if you try to load some of the games/homebrew you will get an error because that stuff is not in the memory stick powered.
I still want to try one last thing before adding another switch, i will explain it if it works because it is very easy but very long to explain and my english is not very good.
The sense of the other switch is caused by how the pin 6 works, adding another switch will allow me to make the psp believe that i have inserted/extracted the memory sticks without touching them. You can check how memory stick works here: http://www.technick.net/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=pinconmem_memorystick_10 read the pdf linked in this page, pay special attention to points 4.1.1 and 4.3 .

Are you able to put the 2nd reader inside the psp?
Yes i am, even i am going to make an slot to be able to extract it without disassembling the psp, want to know where? ;)
First Be then PSP !!

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 02:23:26 AM »
just attach the vcc and ins the same way as my diagram on one switch i dont think the power will affect the ins, also remember blue and orange wires are the wrong way around and you need to split the pin from the board, other than that it should be fine

oh and where are you putting it
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 06:41:59 AM »
So here are the pictures of where i was thinking to place it:

1- You have to cut some small pieces from the backplate, they are not important so there is no problem removing them.

2- Here is the way i placed the new slot in the board of the original slot. The new slot should go just above of the wifi card, if they make contact ( the slot with the external part of the wifi) there won't be any problem as long as both should be ground:

3- Once placed in the psp everything is perfect, inside the circle you can see that the small piece that comes up from the backplate is as visible as if there wasn't the new slot under the board. Also i have drawn the way to take out the memory card, i know it is not the best place but i think it is better than nothing, just open the umd door and the memory could be reached, i have checked that and it would work for sure.

Hope you like it because from now on there are only bad news.

Although both memroy slots work separately I am not able of changing from one memroy stick to the other if both are inserted and without resetting the psp. I haven't make the switch for the ins but it doesn't matter, it won't work. I should have realized before doing all this that you can not wire the pins, insert two memory sticks and hope everything will work fine. Apart of VCC all the pins are wired which means:

1- Data from one memory stick to the psp through the pins SDIO or DATA[3:0] (depending on the interface that uses the psp, serial or parallel, which i don't know) will go to the psp and to the other memory stick which means that the current that goes out of the memory card that is being read will devide, part will go to the psp (good!), part to the other memory stick (bad!) and therefore you can not asure that the psp will be able to recognize the info as long as the current is lower than if there wasn't a second memory stick. I have tested this and though the psp tries to read for longer than normal it is not able to load the info properly though sometimes for example manage to read the number of songs inside a folder, but never thought about playing them or load hombrew, it says " no data".

2- The same for the info going from the psp to the memory stick if both inserted, the current through the psp lines that head to pins SDIO or DATA[3:0] will find both memory sticks and will devide ( i think there is no reason to believe that a powered memory stick has a lot lower entering impendance than a connected but not powered memory stick) so the current that arrives to memory we want to write in would be less than it should be.

3- In conclusion, if you look in the pdf i suggested in the previous post, and look for point 5.2 which is interface, you will realize that if you want to be sure that the two memories will work you will have to use many switches. Supposing that psp uses the serial interface which is the best case ( i mean it is slower and worse for the psp but better for us because it uses less pins), this means that the pins that will be used in the communications will be:
BS(BUS STATE), SDIO(SERIAL DATA IN/OUT), SCLK(SERIAL CLOCK), VCC, INS and GROUND of course. To be absolutely sure it will work you will need:
 -one switch for BS,
 -other for SDIO,
 -other for SCLK,
 -other for VCC
 -and another for INS,
that makes five switches.
It could be possible ( being very lucky) to check if it works with just:
 -one switch for SDIO,
 -one for VCC,
where we will be assuming that the mems would be able to recognize the bus state and the signal clock though the conditions wouldn't be the best (current devided). But if this way would work it would be very recommendable to use another switch for INS, otherways you will have to find the way to clean the psp cache that contains the info of the last memory stick inserted, for example, if you entered the web browser i am pretty sure that the psp cleans the cache with that info, so a way of changing the memory without an INS switch would be:
 -entering the web browser
 -changing the memory, power,SDIO switches
 -exiting the web browser,
or obviously resetting the psp (probably faster).
In any case, being very very very lucky two switches.
I will continue searching for a solution with one switch or two, probably thinking about adding an extra circuit with smd components, i have some ideas but i don't even know if it is possible. I will work with more calm now but i will be checking the thread so if someone manage to do it another way, please post it, i will be grateful.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:10:47 PM by everlasting_will »
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Silentheero

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 03:28:39 PM »
Awesome placement! That way you still have access to the UMD and the card.

Even though the news might be bad for your project, its great for what I am going to do. I am planning to
1. Duplicate the duo slot
2. Convert it to SD (https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0)
3. Make it accessible without opening the case.

And you have done two out of three!  :laughing: I will not need to use both at the same time so I can take one out to put the other in. And with duo and SD capabilities, I won't have to worry about space too much.

Thanks for experimenting with this. It is inspiring others and soon we'll figure out a way to make it work.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »
Glad you found something useful Silent.
Yeah thats great to! ,using the sd i mean, i am thinking about using it too, i don't know what I'll do in the end but in any case i need to find a way to choose between them without removing (it has become a personal matter).
However i agree with you that if it is an sd what your going to use it is not so important the fact that only one card will be able to be inserted at the same time for its proper working, because the fact of using an sd it's probably interesting enough for doing the mod.
Well, again I'm glad you liked it, thanks to you.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 05:00:51 PM »
I forgot, probably you already know this but there are memory sticks to micro sd converters, i am putting the link so please if i am doing spam someone tell me and i'll edit this post inmediatly:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-SD-to-MS-Memory-Stick-PRO-DUO-Card-Adaptor-fo-PSP_W0QQitemZ360024788182QQihZ023QQcategoryZ122516QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I guess you want to use mini or normal sd, what if you want to use micro sd this is great because you don't need to make any mod as long as it is not a problem for you to be able to have one card inserted at the same time.
Hope you find this useful.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
I have it working !!!!

Four memory sticks running !

Use fet switches to isolate the cards from each other switched by a pic cpu

I am working on wether to interface to the vsh menu or to wire it to the music switch.

I have 2 8 gig and 2 4 gig inserted and can switch between each of them.

I am looking at modding the cover by the internal memory stick so that all are accessable  from the outside..... dremmel the cover and extend it ..... maybe make a plaster mold and then pour a new cover.....

Still so much work to do... so little time

any ideas ?

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »
damn i was going to do this same thing but you guys bet me to it great job saved me some work!  :tup:

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »
Ok, so what pins did you have to make a switch for? Just 9 and 4?

Thanks.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »
Ok, so what pins did you have to make a switch for? Just 9 and 4?

Thanks.

I'd say every pin. And yeah, while reading through this thread again I just thought "Use transistors..." and bleh, I only got standart pnp and npn transistors, no FET : (

E: Found a pack of JFETS :3
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:23:49 PM by *FuFa »

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 12:14:05 AM »
so would you put JEFTS on each wire to switch from one to the other card. like symotaisaly, all at once cant spell the first word tonight. lol

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 06:48:22 AM »
Gameking, Fufa knows what he is talking about.
They are not exactly JFET's but you were very very close, so congratulations fufa.
Take a look at this.datasheet.
I have already done it. In any case i still haven't been able to make it work yet, and i am not sure if i will be able to make it. I was trying to keep this in secret till the moment i get it to work, but you were starting to getting too close.
If you want pictures i will put them.

I any case gr8npwrfl has already done, and the way he has done it is incredible, he is a number one. Forget about using those bus switches by the moment. And pray that gr8npwrfl will sell what he has done. It is just amazing.
I wish he is going to use the place i found to place one of the memories.
I will prefer to change the memory with a switch, or at least a switch for activate/deactivate the uses of a psp button for changing the memory.

We all thank you gr8npwrfl for your work, but if you don't sell it i don't think many people will be able to do this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:04:02 PM by everlasting_will »
First Be then PSP !!

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 12:31:39 PM »
Funny thing is, I wasn't guessing what kind of transistors he is using, I was simply saying that I have a pack of JFETs. Also holy molly I need a bunch of those ICs I've been looking for that kinda thing for ages. Many loves from me for that <3

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
wow i dont think i was saying that FuFa didnt know what he was saying. i just was curius if he was inplying to add JFETS to all the wires. i know know he was nt using them he just found a pack. i miss read what he said.
so what type of transistors are you using?

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »
Ok, at my local radio shack, I found a pack of 15 resistors for like 3 USD. Anyways, would that work for this? Just use a single switch, one side power one out to the transistors (Split 10 ways)? Each tab would have it's own transistor, but I can't seem to find any FETs anywhere near where I live.

Also, if I went this way, would I need a hold switch (One where the current is active or not, depending on the switch location) or a push switch, where the current is only active as long as the switch is pushed down?

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 12:33:07 PM »
Funny thing is, I wasn't guessing what kind of transistors he is using, I was simply saying that I have a pack of JFETs. Also holy molly I need a bunch of those ICs I've been looking for that kinda thing for ages. Many loves from me for that <3
He is not using transistors, i am using an ic who has transistors inside, though they also have logic (not programmable of course). You are welcome  :winker:

wow i dont think i was saying that FuFa didnt know what he was saying. i just was curius if he was inplying to add JFETS to all the wires. i know know he was nt using them he just found a pack. i miss read what he said.
so what type of transistors are you using?
I miss read what you said, sorry for that.FETS

Well, for everyone, i haven't make it work yet, so don't get very excited. If i manage to do it i will post the way to do it. Till then i think gr8npwrfl is the only one can help
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »
I will be able to help anyone now! what does it mean? I have got it working, so good news for everyone (for me too of course). You can choose now between two ways of doing this mod: gr8npwrfl way or mine.
Still somethings to do, but i confirm everyone interested in this that mod it is perfectly possible with just a soldering and a few chips.
There are many differences between gr8npwrfl way and mine, i will try to answer your questions about my way but please be patient in the waiting for a tutorial, i am going to be busy making it and studying (exams) so don't get upset if i don't answer very quickly.
Though i disagree with gr8npwrfl about which way is the best there will be time for us to explain the differences. And i also want to thank him for listenning my theories and explaining me his.
Hope this mod call your attention and thanks all the people interested who show their support on what i was doing.

Special thanks to egorive, without you i will never have done it!
First Be then PSP !!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
I will be able to help anyone now! what does it mean? I have got it working, so good news for everyone (for me too of course). You can choose now between two ways of doing this mod: gr8npwrfl way or mine.
Still somethings to do, but i confirm everyone interested in this that mod it is perfectly possible with just a soldering and a few chips.
There are many differences between gr8npwrfl way and mine, i will try to answer your questions about my way but please be patient in the waiting for a tutorial, i am going to be busy making it and studying (exams) so don't get upset if i don't answer very quickly.
Though i disagree with gr8npwrfl about which way is the best there will be time for us to explain the differences. And i also want to thank him for listenning my theories and explaining me his.
Hope this mod call your attention and thanks all the people interested who show their support on what i was doing.

Special thanks to egorive, without you i will never have done it!

So are you using a pic to switch memory cards with a press of a button on the psp or just a switch on the inside or out side?

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
So are you using a pic to switch memory cards with a press of a button on the psp or just a switch on the inside or out side?

Switch in the inside, i don't have a programmer and i think they are expensive so i can not use pics.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »
Here are sites to build your own PIC Programmer i suggest one of the first two.

http://www.instructables.com/id/JDM2-based-PIC-Programmer/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Business-Card-PIC-Programmer/

http://www.rentron.com/Myke4.htm

okay so what Picture should i use to do this mod. the one that is more accurate on the wiring.

T3kN1K4L:  Use the button to hyperlink.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:56:50 PM by T3KN1K4L »

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »
Thanks for the pictures. I have already bookmarked them. In any case i prefer using a switch than changing between the memories with a psp button. Well now that i think it would be possible for example to use the note button to change between the memories and for example that if you would press note+screen buttons at once you were being disabling that usage for the note button. That would be possible with a pic right?
In any case, making this mod has been quite hard for me, and i think it is enough having the possibility of changing the memory with an small switch. Building a pic programmer, tryin to find more room for that pic, and though i know about logic functions i don't know the language you use to program them, so that would be too much to do now that i feel i little tired.
In any case thanks for the info, i am actually very interested in cpld, fpga etc. and i will try things with those in the near future. Do you know something about programmers for fpga like proAsic, Xilinx, etc. For example the one that uses the Undiluted Platinum, as long as they are smaller than the ones the programmers you showed are made for, is there an easy way to build a programmer too? guess not but i am not losing anything for asking.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 12:31:00 AM »
Well i am sure about using the note + screen button to switch would work. Basic and C are two language you can use to program a PIC.
here is a link on switching mods on and off:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16849.0
and a little sample of the programing(this is for the led but gives you an idea)
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16807.0
if you know basic or c then programing them should be easy. but i am not sure about the
fpga like proAsic, Xilinx.
Ask Cyberpyrot, l0rdnic0, CrkPyro
they know about PIC a whole lot more then me.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »
Thanks for the info, very cool. Yes i know c and java programming. I don't know about basic but buy the link you post, the code of the guy with the leds board seemed quite intuitive.
Very very interesting stuff, the result of using those pics is just perfect, a lot cleaner than adding another switch to the psp.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
Re: Parallel Memory Stick (1st video demo EVER) !!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
The first video demo ever about this mod, you can see it here and in the first post of the first page of the thread, but i will be releasing the news from now on in the first post. Hope you like it and sorry for my english.

First Be then PSP !!

Offline wilcome

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 03:05:48 PM »
Wow I have been following this thread since it begun. I have to say some things:

_ First of all thank you very much to everlasting because I think this is the first real thing I have seen after many time talking about making a parallel memory stick.
_ At the end it doesn't seem to be as easy as using a simple swich so I'll wait for the tutorial with a big smile in my face.
_ The posibilities of having a 2 parallel memory sticks working inside the psp it's a great idea because you save time if only have to turn on an off a pair of swiches and not to take out a ms from that UMEMD puting it in your mouth take the other out and ...uff so much work. Many of us have 1G and 2G ms loughing inside the drawer and this could be the solution to find them some work.

Again, thank you for all Everlasting. Really nice work. Hope to see the tutorial as soon as posible with many many details hehehe. 

P.D. : Sorry about my english

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
I'm rather interested as to how you removed the memstick slot from a motherboard (Assuming that you did remove it from a spare mobo). I'm thinking about taking a hammer and chisel to mine... But that might not turn out to so well for my fingers and life.

By the way, your English isn't that bad, it's better then half of the people I know, and they were born and raised in the ol' USA. Of course, these are the same people that think that Ignorant is pronounced "Ignant" and means rude... (Really means not knowing. Yes, this is different then stupid.)

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:48 AM »
Wow I have been following this thread since it begun. I have to say some things:

_ First of all thank you very much to everlasting because I think this is the first real thing I have seen after many time talking about making a parallel memory stick.
_ At the end it doesn't seem to be as easy as using a simple swich so I'll wait for the tutorial with a big smile in my face.
_ The posibilities of having a 2 parallel memory sticks working inside the psp it's a great idea because you save time if only have to turn on an off a pair of swiches and not to take out a ms from that UMEMD puting it in your mouth take the other out and ...uff so much work. Many of us have 1G and 2G ms loughing inside the drawer and this could be the solution to find them some work.

Again, thank you for all Everlasting. Really nice work. Hope to see the tutorial as soon as posible with many many details hehehe. 

P.D. : Sorry about my english

Thanks wilcome, glad you like it. yeah you could use your 1GB memstick just for programs or music, i know it is a problem to have to take two memory sticks with you  and remove one then insert the other depending on what you want to do at each moment. Also if you'd have two memstick of 8GB you would have a psp with 16GB.

I'm rather interested as to how you removed the memstick slot from a motherboard (Assuming that you did remove it from a spare mobo). I'm thinking about taking a hammer and chisel to mine... But that might not turn out to so well for my fingers and life.

By the way, your English isn't that bad, it's better then half of the people I know, and they were born and raised in the ol' USA. Of course, these are the same people that think that Ignorant is pronounced "Ignant" and means rude... (Really means not knowing. Yes, this is different then stupid.)
First thanks for the compliment about my english, in spanish ignorant is "ignorante" so as you see almost the same word and means what you said.
Talking about the mod, i didn't removed the slot from any board (it is in the wifi board) i just bought it in dealextreme for about 3$ or less (don't remember), check it out!
First Be then PSP !!

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 01:38:28 PM »
everlasting this is a fantastic mod!!!
great job ur english was good too :tup:

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 08:17:50 PM »
not bad on English at all man cant wait for the tut.
i would like to do this to my slim.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »
everlasting this is a fantastic mod!!!
great job ur english was good too :tup:

Thanks a lot gleng  :hifive:

not bad on English at all man cant wait for the tut.
i would like to do this to my slim.

Thaks gameking. If you send me a picture of the wifi board of the slim ( i guess the memstick is still there) and another one of the back case ( from inside), i will tell you if it is possible. In any case think that probably it will be possible. The chips are very small, the main problem will be the wires, and the slot, if you get wires like the ones that come with the up (magnet wires around 10AWG) it could be possible. I have a slim too but i don't feel like disassembling it, also it is my girlfriend psp so... i could get killed.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »
Just saw this. Awesome mod. There was quite a bit of talk about it a while back and I'm glad someone finally did it :)

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 12:40:01 AM »
wow i just cant wait also the PIC with the note+display button as the switch took my breath away =P i will be to help on the slim note if you still want the pictures if the memstick reader/backplate anyway nice mod i will be doing this on my slim real soon =D

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »
Thanks a lot gleng  :hifive:

Thaks gameking. If you send me a picture of the wifi board of the slim ( i guess the memstick is still there) and another one of the back case ( from inside), i will tell you if it is possible. In any case think that probably it will be possible. The chips are very small, the main problem will be the wires, and the slot, if you get wires like the ones that come with the up (magnet wires around 10AWG) it could be possible. I have a slim too but i don't feel like disassembling it, also it is my girlfriend psp so... i could get killed.
no prob man my slim is already apart. i just need to find one of the three cameras laying some were around the house.
ya don't touch her psp she will never let it go just rub it in your face wen you forgot all about it.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 03:08:44 AM »
Just saw this. Awesome mod. There was quite a bit of talk about it a while back and I'm glad someone finally did it :)

Thanks Ilzwalrus.

no prob man my slim is already apart. i just need to find one of the three cameras laying some were around the house.
ya don't touch her psp she will never let it go just rub it in your face wen you forgot all about it.

Hehehehe. Don't worry, may be doug104231 will be able of uploading the images.

wow i just cant wait also the PIC with the note+display button as the switch took my breath away =P i will be to help on the slim note if you still want the pictures if the memstick reader/backplate anyway nice mod i will be doing this on my slim real soon =D

Well, now i have removed the three state switch (the big one) and i have put another like the small one (hold switch from the remote controller) so now both switches are very small, i am plannig on putting some plastic pieces in the memory stick cover so there won't be need for opening it for changing the memory.
 I agree with you that the switches are the bad side of this mod. I have tried my best to do this mod with just one switch but when testing it, i had some problems and i wasn't able to find a solution for that (i don't even know if there is a solution), so i had to add another switch. If i am right and there is no solution for that problem even using a pic you would have to add one switch too.
If you could upload the pictures i will be grateful and i will tell if there is room enough in a slim. I need pictures of the wifi board (i guess the memory slot is still there) and pictures from the inside of the backplate, just where the wifi board is located.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
wait im lost is there like a dip switch that swaps mem sticks or something or does it just do like both work at the same time

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »
good job but its a lil messy i think
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
dude u r a legand that is awesome :#1:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »
wait im lost is there like a dip switch that swaps mem sticks or something or does it just do like both work at the same time
Two switches to change the memory stick the psp is reading/writting. No, they can't work at the same time. I doubt that's even possible, formatting two memories as if they were one, etc, etc.
good job but its a lil messy i think
Well, if you would see my board you would realize that everything is as much tidy as it can be taking in count that there are many cables. So i agree with you, but hey it fits into the fat psp and it works, so once the psp is assembled who cares what it looks like in the inside.

dude u r a legand that is awesome :#1:

Thanks a lot Ghost :winker:
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
o ok.... >.<

Offline d2st3r

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »
Hi,
First of all, gratz for your mod it is awsome. I would like to know if you could tell me what wire you take for what switch or if you could make a diagram of the wirering.

Thanks

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 04:53:55 AM »

Hi,
First of all, gratz for your mod it is awsome. I would like to know if you could tell me what wire you take for what switch or if you could make a diagram of the wirering.

Thanks

Thanks d2st3r. Well it isn't just a matter of taking one pin and wire it to a switch as we talked at the beginning in this thread. It is far more complex. As i say in the video (hope it is legible speaking ;)) I am working on the tutorial. It will be ready soon.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline d2st3r

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »
ok I will check this thread some time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal