Author Topic: USB MASS STORAGE????  (Read 27309 times)

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
USB MASS STORAGE????
« on: February 18, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »
hey, i was just wondering if anyone has figured out the software issues for PvPs USB mass storage device....

Offline TheGrandPubaa

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Just a gamer...
    • VG Theory Productions
Re: USB MASS STORAGE????
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:31:18 PM »
Nobody that's willing to share, presumably.
www.vgtheory.com
--
Eagerly anticipating Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metal Gear Solid 4, and ever hopeful for a surprise announcement for Shenmue 3.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
everyone is way to greedy...............

if i knew, i would tell anyone. i think that you can use usbhostfs in the irshell of psp and upload the ipodlinux v2 from wiki, making it a host.......

now, just need money to buy the stuff.....

Offline bugerboii

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
why would someone tell you they can use an ipod as an external hard drive for the psp. and show it working. then not tell you how to do it lol.....what is this gay cyber world coming to.     :psp:

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »
why wouldnt they tell people? then they would feel proud about themselves as if they acually accomplished something.(which they did, they jsut dont get the feeling  if it isnt warming the hearts of others.)  :cry2:

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:35:54 PM »
Since you took the time to go ahead and start this thread, I'd assume you have something to contribute to the project.  Maybe something along the lines of PIC programming, usb host driver developing...anything?  Sounds more like a flame thread where  "I need money to work on my idea" instead of where pvp has been chugging on this at his own accord.  If you really want to help and not flame, pick up PIC programming, learn ipod linux and maybe even borrow an ipod for a day.  All this short sighted talk of "greed" and "pride" is just cheap talk from social leeches.

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 05:16:45 AM »
He's not going to reveal the software he used for a long time, if ever, for free.
I have a few theories as to why, but that'll probably start a huge argument etc. etc.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:20:20 AM by Ilzwalrus »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 05:22:36 AM »
everyone is way to greedy...............

if i knew, i would tell anyone. i think that you can use usbhostfs in the irshell of psp and upload the ipodlinux v2 from wiki, making it a host.......

now, just need money to buy the stuff.....

thats your opinion, pvp has his own reasons for not releasing a tut and thats up to him if he makes a tut or not you cant force him to or hate him coz he hasnt. hes made his POC and shown its not a fake so there is no need for anyone to say anything bad about him at all in my opinion

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 05:49:04 AM »
He might not release it cause there a whole bunch of people who take things to their advantage e.g. pvp's usb mass storage. And plus pvp worked hard on it maybe decided to make money off his hard work, I don't blame him at all for this.

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

PvP_LostKnight

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 06:11:23 AM »
lol actually u all got it wrong. im nearing completion on my second project which will let you use any usb flashdrive/usb hdd.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 06:16:03 AM »
lol actually u all got it wrong. im nearing completion on my second project which will let you use any usb flashdrive/usb hdd.
Or... that could work... never been so glad to be wrong :D

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
I find it funny that people here always think that the inventors of great projects will just think of themselves, and try to make money. To be honest, if i ever created a great project, and its like a breakthrough, id share it with everyone and make a tut and everything. Its just to give back to what helped through so much.
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
other companies will rip him off like those bastards datel stealing pandora's battery
Derp.

Offline bugerboii

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 03:54:44 PM »
ya i take back what i said earlier. he has been working his  ass off. he seems like a cool mutha  :censored: cka

:clap:

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 04:01:03 PM »
sorry pvp, im just a noob looking to bight off of others great ideas. if you dont want to share your ideas with me, or heck, anyone, than that is your right. i wasnt trying to make PvP look bad, but i guess i did. is there anyway i can make up for my   :censored:   stupid actions?

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »
A no fair PVP i just got some were on the HDD mod final got some one directing me on each step programing and creating a PIC to work for the HDD mod.

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 11:44:22 PM »
LostKnight and or anyone else who would like to put info together

hey i have figured out alot how to use the usb of the psp for both devices while using a switch i just cant get the wireing straight for theharddrive to psp direct.  i also have engeneers at my job helping me pin out the psp. if there is anyway we could work together to get this mod working please contact me. . i have the psp running irshell and 3.90 M33 i found you can use irshell to brows external hard drive im only missing a usb host file to run on both devices.the device i am using is a microsoft zune. and a psp fat. i also have a backing for the psp i have made that makes it a little bit bigger so i could technically place a usb host chip in the psp. gotta get to work hope to hear from you. sorry i do not have pics but i will as i get closer.

99INFERNO

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
LostKnight and or anyone else who would like to put info together

hey i have figured out alot how to use the usb of the psp for both devices while using a switch i just cant get the wireing straight for theharddrive to psp direct.  i also have engeneers at my job helping me pin out the psp. if there is anyway we could work together to get this mod working please contact me. . i have the psp running irshell and 3.90 M33 i found you can use irshell to brows external hard drive im only missing a usb host file to run on both devices.the device i am using is a microsoft zune. and a psp fat. i also have a backing for the psp i have made that makes it a little bit bigger so i could technically place a usb host chip in the psp. gotta get to work hope to hear from you. sorry i do not have pics but i will as i get closer.

99INFERNO

sorry to say the chances of you getting to know the project better is slim you have not proven youself a vital member of the community or any modding capabilities

PINOY AKO

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 01:43:26 AM »
I am only trying to work with there is stuff i am stuck on but i am only missing usbhost and proper direct connect. and you got to start somewhere.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 04:47:15 AM »
I am only trying to work with there is stuff i am stuck on but i am only missing usbhost and proper direct connect. and you got to start somewhere.

go for it dude that'd be awesome and by god if you get this working thenall those other guys sayin "but you only new" will have to eat their words
Derp.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 05:14:45 AM »
Quote from: 4dP link.=topic=15618.msg119773#msg119773 date=1203581619
sorry to say the chances of you getting to know the project better is slim you have not proven youself a vital member of the community or any modding capabilities

Actually there is a high chance, since he sure doesn't go to college, and does it in his free time, he is doing that whole stuff as a job and has experienced people helping him, while PvP got ..maybe his Prof but nobody else since he hates to work with other people.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 05:47:56 AM »
Actually there is a high chance, since he sure doesn't go to college, and does it in his free time, he is doing that whole stuff as a job and has experienced people helping him, while PvP got ..maybe his Prof but nobody else since he hates to work with other people.

Truer words have never been spoken, my friend.

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 05:55:15 AM »
yea he could do it but he said he'll be getting help from others and how spread out would this project be then and i still haven't seen any of his work

PINOY AKO

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 06:07:45 AM »
yea he could do it but he said he'll be getting help from others and how spread out would this project be then and i still haven't seen any of his work

Are you talking about PvP or INFERNO, it's hard to tell.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 06:09:38 AM »
Are you talking about PvP or INFERNO, it's hard to tell.

inferno but we'll wait and see

PINOY AKO

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 06:45:10 AM »
To ALL

I will be soldering the switches together tonight or tommorrow night as soon as i am done i will put pics up. the switches might be a small mod but it work it like puzzle pieces.

PvP_LostKnight

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 07:01:20 AM »
lol u do realize it took me a year to build this....but ok thats cool

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »
LOST KNIGHT
im not trying to out do you bro. it is just that i work in a place that has alot of people that know about port config and how to turn devices to a slave with programs using txt editors. I am just filling in the gaps it would be awsome if we could work together on this. i am in the proces of turning the ipod nano into a slave external storage device. if this would help you out in anyway i will give you all the drawings a wire configs.

99INFERNO

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »
LOST KNIGHT
im not trying to out do you bro. it is just that i work in a place that has alot of people that know about port config and how to turn devices to a slave with programs using txt editors. I am just filling in the gaps it would be awsome if we could work together on this. i am in the proces of turning the ipod nano into a slave external storage device. if this would help you out in anyway i will give you all the drawings a wire configs.

99INFERNO

That would help US out the most : D since that's what most people already want to do, but PvP just wont tell... not even friggin R&d members or anyone. Which is kinda...selfish :x

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
so... PvP, do you acempt my apology?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal