Author Topic: Pointer moves on its own.  (Read 5430 times)

Offline powaking

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Pointer moves on its own.
« on: February 20, 2008, 07:18:35 AM »
I'm in desperate need of assistance.  You can read further in the thread posted here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=131686&p=1.  But the short story is my pointer will move on its own going to the bottom right corner.  XMB works fine I can navigate just fine.  The issue is when I'm in Browser or in any game.  For example in the game Luxors as soon as it starts up it scrolls thru the selections in the menu constantly until I press one of the dpad buttons.  While in game the pad will move to the right.  I can move it back to the left but as soon as I let go it will move back to the right.

I have replaced analog sticks, dpads to no avail.  I've even gone as far as putting the PSP in browser mode, disconnecting the dpad and analog and the pointer still moves on its own.  So something else is either loose or my MB is defective (not sure if it is or not).

Everything else works fine.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Pointer moves on its own.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
well im guessing you have opened up your psp..this is a common problem and i have dis same problem..the normal easy fix is to tighten up the faceplate screw closest to the analogue stick..a little bit of searching you would have found hundreds of similar topics

Offline powaking

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »
I've searched high and low.  Screws are as tight as I can make them without stripping them.

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 08:48:52 AM »
maybe u lost the clear little gum that goes on the lcd cage if thats the case than wirer the 4 points from the mobo to the analog

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
You lost the plastic thing
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline powaking

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »
Its there.  Only thing I can think of is its not making a good contact.  Maybe adding some solder to the contacts to raise it up a bit?  Seems to me this part of the PSP seems to be the one that really didn't involve too much R&D.  i think the contacts on the analog stuck that make contact to the gel nub should be spring loaded or something.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Blow away the dust
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
probably stick soldered in wrong or put in wrong.

Offline Azie139

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace.com/Azie139
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 11:04:57 PM »
if you moved the rubber piece around it should!

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 11:09:53 PM »
hmm thats strange if you have diconnected d-pad and analog  :dntknw: this is a common case when people remove faceplates and there have been several AM threads on it latly, as nemisis said tighten the screws if that doesn't work i hear you can solder the analog directly to the mother board  :tup:.

GhoSt_Death
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline powaking

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:36:34 AM »
I'll try and put some solder on the contacts of the analog stick (instead of putting it on the motherboard) and see if that helps.  I have 2 sticks so if it doesn't work then I'll try putting some solder on the actual gold contacts instead.

I would think wit everything else having a ribbon type connection why couldn't they do the same with the analog stick?  Would solve a lot of problems (at least I think so).

Offline CrkPyro

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »
before you try solder, you should try cleaning the contacts or adjusting the position of the analog stick. adding anything to the psp should be a last resort
psp tilt board:
design - 90%
code   - 5% (found my code I was looking for)
testing to come soon
The idea is PvP's, I designed it with AdamThole's version as a guideline

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 05:19:50 PM »
maybe you need a new analogue, something stuck in it?

Offline powaking

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
I thought it was my analog so I picked up another one and it does the same thing.  In fact I had someone at work let me borrow his PSP and I put his face on mine and it did the same thing.  So probably thinking that little piece from the LCD cage where the analog sits on is not letting the analog stick come down enough so that it makes a good contact with the rubber connector.  For sure will have to play around with it some more.

Maybe I'll think about making some kind of connector that can be easily disconnected when ever you want to take it apart.  Will have to think on that.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »
you voided some1's warrenty w/o telling them?? SHAME!

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
16.After taking appart my psp I am having problems with the analog stick, it moves up and down on its own. What should I do?

This happens a lot, don't wory. Its just the conection between the nub and the mother board. Its a clear rubber thing with 4 tiny copper wires in it. Make sure the wires are pointing at the nub and the board and theres nothing stoping it making a good conection. If your still having trouble, try taking out the screws that hold the nub in place and leave them out when you put the face plate back on. Give it a bit of a wiggle about untill you get a good conection then tighten your screws (cearful not to thread them, or you'll be buying a new case).

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline Electro

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +8/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
If U can't get it to work any other way then I would suggest solder it.
Make sure U use thin wires though.

I have my joystick soldered, and not because it wasn't working but because this way I can also add any future joysticks to it.  :D

Offline raf1qu3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 03:22:53 AM »
I think YOu Should take the face plate off and dust up in side. it happend to me twice. first time i had to tighten the screw at the back. second time to dust the back of the faceplate and the part in the psp where they touch. If THis Doesnt work then it may be a short due to solder touching the wrong thing  :dntknw:

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »
I had a simmilar problem. Just take out the analog and take our the chip. Take an eraser and rub it around the tracks on the chip. Put the analog back together and try it again. Greese from the analog drips onto the tracks and shorts them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal