Author Topic: Can't read disc?  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Soundless

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Can't read disc?
« on: February 23, 2008, 06:22:57 AM »
Well i recently bought super smash bros X jap and when i put the game in it gives me the white screen with no update menu. Before i burned a back up for the disc by download and updated using that but it was only half the game with out the story mode and online play. Now with the real disc i cant even play it but i can play the downloaded one :wacko:. I assume that update failed and does work for dual layer and now it doesnt even want to update thats what i think but any1 have any suggestions or how to fix this?

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Can't read disc?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »
Well if everything went correctly, you should have dual channels by the sound of it. You fully let it update with the JAP discs right?

You could have got your way around it though if you updated and then 15% through unplugged your wii, burned a backup and brickblocked it. It would have worked..

Offline Soundless

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:15:44 AM »
yes i let it update from download ver to 100% and got double channels i can live with it I just moved it to the back. but the problem is i gave up playing the downloaded ver of the game and now i bought the real jap game of it and every time i try to put it in the wii it gives me the white screen with the jap words saying cant read disc.(my wii is JAP) I think its the update from the downloaded game thats  :censored: my wii. Thats what i think but have any ideas on how to fix this or what happened? Else i have to get it fixed.

Offline Curoudo Sutaraifu

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »
hmm, out of the 3 wiis that i play brawl on, i've only updated the firmware to the latest one for each of their regions. and enabled region override. here's what i suggest... back up ur game(if u can) and then brickblock a copy of it on a dl dvd. i'm not sure how u back up dl dvds though, is it the same? then run that dvd and see what happens.

Offline Eddy04

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 01:31:19 AM »
Question: The double channel thingy is only if you update with another version right?
So If I got the american version then...no problem right?

Offline Curoudo Sutaraifu

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:58:50 AM »
yup. if it's the same region as your wii, then no problem. otherwise just use the 15% trick, that gets the game working and u won't get double channels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal