Author Topic: Crazy Mod idea (PSP Car Stereo!!!)...  (Read 1653 times)

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Crazy Mod idea (PSP Car Stereo!!!)...
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
Okok, this really wouldn't classify as a PSP mod i don't think, but check this out...I was thinking about taking one of these...http://reviews.cnet.com/speakers-speaker-systems/psyclone-psc99-nodus-psp/4505-6467_7-32136322.html
...and tearing it apart.  I wanna cut the front out of it (where u put the psp) and replace my car stereo with it, and then wire it up to the car system so that I actually have a Car audio system with a PSP cradle in the dash!  I use my psp mostly for my music (i have ABOUT 10 or 12 GB of music split between an 8G and a 4G MSPD), and everyday i get in the car, start it up, and then spend like a whole 5 minutes hooking it up and playing something.  This Nodus thing, tho, it has a remote and everything!  And All I'd have to do is pop my PSP into the dash!  And not only that, but It charges the PSP while its docked, alleviating the need for any annoying wires running all over the front seat.  I think this is a feasible idea, but I'd like to know what people think.  Who wants to see a Honda Civic with a PSP cradle as a dash unit for the stereo?  I am really thinking about doing this...I kinda wanna make sure I won't tear up my dash and have nothing to show for it, tho, so input is welcomed and appreciated.  Lemme know whut you think!

-BMFC
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:09:46 PM by metalfreak187 »

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
Re: Crazy Mod idea (PSP Car Stereo!!!)...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »
There are docks alot cheaper than that.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »
Well, If you know of one that has the front-and-center psp cradle like that?  Cuz that's kinda whut i'm looking for...Also, I saw one of these at Gamestop for like $69,  nowhere NEAR $200.  But by all Means, if you have a better one in mind, I'm open to suggestions...

-BMFC

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »
couldn't you just hook up a cheap ebay dock to the dashboard  :dntknw:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal