Author Topic: PSP Internal Bluetooth Audio, Would this Wiring Work ???  (Read 1709 times)

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
PSP Internal Bluetooth Audio, Would this Wiring Work ???
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »
ok i have been looking at the internal bluetooth audio mod, and had an idea, i saw that a plugin was needed to make the headphones work when no jack was inserted, but i think that i have found a work around, here are some pictures that i have taken in my observational stages and some pictures borrowed from other threads of people that have done this mod

ok here they are and a description of what each one is

this is a picture of the headset that i plan to use

here is a picture of the headphone socket with no jack inserted

here is a picture of the headphone socket with a jack inserted

ok so from those you can probably see the pin that disconnects when a jack is inserted which disconnects pins 1 and 4

as shown in this picture

what i want to do is permanently disconnect this pin and wire it to a switch, the switch in the bluetooth headset to be exact

as the image that i have drawn shows

here is a description of the wiring shown above

(NOTE) first of all i plan to disconnect pins 1 and 4 on the audio jack permanently otherwise this wouldn't work

ok on my switch there are three pins, that i have labeled

the off position aka position A connects pins 1 and 2 and disconnects pins 2 and 3

the on position aka position B connects pins 2 and 3 and disconnects pins 1 and 2

Power supply to bluetooth

pin 1 on my switch will be connected to nothing and have no positive or negative connection
pin 2 on my switch will be connected to the power supply from my psp's negative connection to the switch which in turn will be connected to the bluetooth's negative connection
pin 3 on my switch will be connected to the power supply from my psp's positive connection to the switch which in turn will be connected to the bluetooth's positive connection

connection to audio socket

pin 1 on my switch will be connected to the audio sockets pin 1 as shown in the above picture (note NOT Jair's one)
pin 2 on my switch will be connected to pin 4 as shown on the above picture (note NOT Jair's one)

Theory behind wiring

ok the theory behind my wiring is that if the bluetooth is turned off / in position A then pin 1 and 4 will be connected which will allow playback through the speakers saving psp battery as the transmitter is not turned on

when the switch is on / in position B then pin 1 and 4 will not be connected which will stop playback through the speakers and make the psp think that there is a jack inserted also turning the transmitter on to send the sound to the headphones

ok so now my question

Question

would this wiring actually work in theory it should to my knowledge but im not sure, if it is i have also just shown other people how to wire this easily anyway

thanks

F@T3oYCG
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Internal Bluetooth Audio, Would this Wiring Work ???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »
I considered this for my bluetooth, but the only switch i could get quick was too big so I used the hold position, either way good luck,  i also considered dremeling the casing of the psp so the switch would be accessed without opening the drive maybe something you could add to the mod.  I am still suprised more people haven't moved toward this mod as is makes it more PORTABLE

also there might need to be a C position on the switch (middle) because on the transmitter I used if the switch is held it turns on and off continuely basically useless

and BTW the mod doesn't require a plugin that was my other mod the internal mic, the plugin turns on the mic w/o the 3.5mm jack so I can use a mic and the stock psp speakers can be used at the same time
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:52:29 PM by Maximize »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal