Author Topic: gold taps fell off mobo  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
gold taps fell off mobo
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
well when i was soldering to the gold tabs one of them fell off. i searched and found a tut by Pvp here: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=10344.0..and it says to remove all four gold taps so i did. but im confused wether i solder to the two points there are on the mobo for each gold tap or do i scratch the paint or just solder to one point?

thanks

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: gold taps fell off mobo
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
solder on both ends with thesame wire

be sure to use flexible wire !! because i didnt and this ripped of the total connections from the mobo, so i had to buy a new mobo

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »
solder on both ends with thesame wire

be sure to use flexible wire !! because i didnt and this ripped of the total connections from the mobo, so i had to buy a new mobo

well i have tried and tried but its too difficult for me and my crappy soldering, anyway someone can do it for me for a good price? i may post in the modders for hire section.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »
well i have tried and tried but its too difficult for me and my crappy soldering, anyway someone can do it for me for a good price? i may post in the modders for hire section.

Lol why not, might do it, just wire on it, or the gold taps back on the MoBo? If you want the second thing I'll need the gold taps.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal