Author Topic: LED mod help  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Tyler-G

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Im not cool
    • Tylergeek
LED mod help
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
I'm a general noob at modding, but I no some, like how to solder (a little  :winker:), but I would love it if someone made a tutorail just on where to get the right LED's and how to solder them into the dsl, XYBA shoulder and dpad buttons, or maybe just tell me or something, cause i'm dieing to know how. Thanks

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: LED mod help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
Hmm , I know most people are going to give yah random links. For your LED issue, goto Ebay, mouser.com, goldmine-elec, etc. Those are the main sites you can use to get LEDs, that's where I go at least, most people goto mouser, but they also have other sites. Can't say much on giving ya a tut for it, since most of them have pictures but the pics have broken links. The main thing to know is where to connect the LEDs. The main and strong point used is the 3rd pin (from the left) and the 2nd pin (from the right) of the GBA slot cartridge, on the ds lite. You can also use bt - and bt + but the LEDs will ALWAYS stay on and that will suck up your battery life nasty.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Tyler-G

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Im not cool
    • Tylergeek
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »
thanks! if anyone else has any ideas id be glad to here them! if this ever works ill def post an image, i was thinking about getting a ghost case then just using the clear buttons that I need

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:33:02 AM »
btw the way the size you are going to want is 0603 for the smallest (If you check a coin letter thats about how big it is) and possibly 3mm (those are easy to solder to
) but they are large and will not fit in the ABYX and d-pad
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »
I was wondering if the 3mm are just small enough to fix in the trigger buttons though. I know those triggers actually have good space inside.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »
I was wondering if the 3mm are just small enough to fix in the trigger buttons though. I know those triggers actually have good space inside.

Only one way to find out mate... test it!!!! lol :D or just measure the gap on the trigger for it :D

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:46:42 AM »
Only one way to find out mate... test it!!!! lol :D or just measure the gap on the trigger for it :D
you could even fit 5mm in there without hassle
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »
What i wanna see is loads of 8mm LEDs sticking out from random positions on a DS lol that would look hardcore :P lol

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »
Lol yeah, but it would make your DS look like it has polkadots. I know DS' aren't alive, but if I saw that, I'd call it sick ;P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal