Author Topic: screen fades won't return untill restart  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
screen fades won't return untill restart
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »
So my slim has faded since I bought it used maybe a month ago.  at random times the screen with lose half the pixels then half again untill it is completely blank everything else seems to work fine but no screen, and no amount of button tapping or casing tweaking will make it come back on. then I will go in standby or turn it off, and turn it back on, and it will work fine again.  Early on I figured it was a slim feature that I didn't know how to turn off, but I have no clue what is going on and the case seems untampered with (not dissassembled)

any ideas guys

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: screen fades won't return untill restart
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:21:47 AM »
have you tried reflashing the firmware? coz sounds like u have done the hardware part so maybe thats it, once my button bar didnt work coz teh firmware was messed up
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 04:34:24 AM »
Ill have to give it a try tonight

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »

okay so today I tested it out, and I have determined that it does it (fade) when I push down on the casing in the boxed area

So at times playing games is out of the question

I tried playing killone the other day and three times in a row it happened, but last week in the DMV waiting (almost an hour) it didn't go out once.

So anybody have any ideas like what is in the area that might be shorting or whatever, help me out

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:04:45 PM »
i know that problem, its a problem with the screen manufacturing, sometimes the backlight positive and negative points are left in an uninsualted position, so when your pushing you are pushing the FPC cable against contacts on the motherboard

if you open it up and look for the screen connecters and just insulate any bare points on the connecter with electrical tape or any other non-conductive material

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 05:49:44 PM »
Hey man thanks I will try this tomorrow (when I am a little more clear headed)

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »
if i were you i wouldn't mess with it and just send it to sony. because what if its not that. then you just messed up warrenty.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:03:04 AM »
I bought it for $70 on ebay, I am not worried about the warranty , and I am not willing to wait

EDIT #1:

okay so i insulated the backlight from these spots in burgundy, and it was still doing it

and that is when i realized it wasn't the backlight that is still on, it is the lcd

so I then insulated the lcd cable from the area in green

and my problem persists

any other ideas

EDIT #2: I am still in the same boat, any more ideas guys

EDIT #3: okay so while disassebling my psp I have done some testing an if I push down very slightly in the circled area the screen will go out

EDIT #4: okay so I removed this piece thinking that it might be touching something it shouldn't

but that isn't it

I have also found that if I press down on the copper area where the left leds are the screen doesnt go out when I press on the green area (in my previously posted pic)

Nemesis: double posting is not allowed, let alone triple posting, edit your first post
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:54:41 PM by Nemesis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal