Author Topic: Am I "Screwed"?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Am I "Screwed"?
« on: March 08, 2008, 06:25:18 PM »
Yea, so today I attempted to open up my PSP slim, and I failed more then a cat drowning in milk.

Everything was going perfectly until the last screw. I tired everything in my arsenal, but nothing worked.
Power drill? Nope.
Plyers? Nope.
Mass leverage? Nope.

I stripped three screwdrivers and the screw itself. And before you ask, yes, I was going the correct way.

Now, as :censored:d as I am, I tried to get the faceplate off a little, thinking if I loosened it a tad more the screw might come off. No luck. Not only did the faceplate come off, but HALF OF THE INTERNALS CAME WITH IT.
From what I could see, I grabbed:
The powerboard
Backlight
Screen
D Pad
Bottom bar

Now, I put it back together the best I could, and everything works as before (Sill no sound) but the buttons are loose, all of them. They all work, and no ghosts as far as I can see. Also, there's a light bump where the USB plug is. Once again, it doesn't seem to affect anything, but it still streeses me out.

Why the HELL does everything I do go horribly wrong in some fscking way?
Seriously, remove 7 screws. How hard is that? Hard enough to make me screw up my PSP.

Anyways, am I screwed from ever doing a mod to the thing?

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Am I "Screwed"?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 07:29:37 PM »
You got screwed.

Well, back on topic.

I dont know how the :censored: you got the powerboard, lcd with backlight and bottom home bar stuck on faceplate. Yes, its fixable... just remove the screw or something and put the parts back.
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »
just remove the screw or something

How? I know there's this nifty tool that remove stripped screws, (My grandfather has one) but not for anything that small.

I mean, I used enough force on that screw to break the screen (Maricle I didn't) and it still didn't come off.

What's weird is that the faceplate was loose - It still is, the bottom won't go back on - from the screw. I was able to move it around the bottom, but the screw wouldn't budge.

I'm thinking about just seeing if I can get a cheap PSP from one of the members here with like a busted screen and use my spare from the screwless PSP.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »
Soldering Iron will remove the screw...?
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 08:07:18 PM »
im not sure it works but you could supper glue like a tooth pick or something than unscrew it.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 08:08:42 PM »
Try superglueing a screwdriver to the screw, and use pliers on the screwdriveir, apply all your force, and turn it.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »
geez that is alot of $hit, looks like you'll have to buy a new faceplate

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »
Ok, I just said screw it and I cut off the plastic part connecting that last screw to the rest of the faceplate. I'll tell you all later how much I f*ck it up.

Thanks for the ideas though.

Also, as a note: I didn't get all of those parts, I thought I had because the buttons came up with the faceplate, and the screen was ever so slightly attached to the faceplate.

EDIT: Ok, well I fully took it apart and re-assembled it. As far as I could see, there was nothing wrong with the speakers or daughter AV board.
Although I couldn't see a mother AV board, I assume that this is the mobo?

Oh yea, get this. I re-assembled the entire thing, checked it out, everything worked fine.
Then I try to get a smudge off of the top plastic screen case (On the faceplate) and I push too hard AND CRACK MY SCREEN. Well, more like a bruse. Unless you know where to look and the screen is white, you can't see it. Looks like a smudge. But you can see the faint outlines of a crack, whenever white shines through those few pixels they turn a reddish color. I guess it would be more of a bruse then a crack...

Man, I should just use my tax refund to buy a new silver slim and sell this one for parts.

Nemesis: Don't double post, use the edit button
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:46:57 PM by Nemesis »

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 01:32:23 PM »
Try superglueing a screwdriver to the screw, and use pliers on the screwdriveir, apply all your force, and turn it.
what no dont do this its an terriable outcome

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal