Author Topic: how do i add reflection to pics...  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
how do i add reflection to pics...
« on: March 08, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »
like in my sig phen made me ... there the reflection below the pic does anyone kno how to do that?>
:victory: '
L1A

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: how do i add reflection to pics...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:31:48 AM »
sorry for double post but i need response like u kno how u see a sig and some of the writing is reflecting down ... just noticed its not in the sig phen made me ... but i need response!!!

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »
im not sure.. go to google.. search "Photoshop sig tutorials" or "photoshop effect tutorials" and look around a bit you should find one... also dont double post indy wont be happy hehe

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »
im not sure.. go to google.. search "Photoshop sig tutorials" or "photoshop effect tutorials" and look around a bit you should find one... also dont double post indy wont be happy hehe
dont want to make indy angry =[

ccccpie

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
I can help you... ill pm you how to do it.

Nevermind, Just use this part of Indys tut and replace the text with your image... Thats the basic idea.
9. Let’s type some text with a font you choose and a white color:

10. In order to do a clean vector based reflection, we will duplicated the layer (Right Click on the Text layer in the layers menu and press Duplicate Layer). Now press CTRL + T to make some transformation with the new duplication. Drag the top of the selection down

11. Move the selection up using the Up Arrow Key in your keyboard to reach this state:

12. Press Enter to validate the transformation. Then set the transparency level of this duplication to 20% the same way we did to the gradient layer to have something simllar to this:

13. Now, go the the menu Layer > Layer Style > Blending Options… and select the Gradient Overlay option. Leave them on defaut settings apart from the gradient settings, which should be changed to "foreground to transparent"

14. And press OK to complete this tutorial =]

The purpose of this tutorial is to show you some useful shortcuts you can use frequently! And show you how to make some reflective text on a glossy black background ;-) have fun and keep up the web art =]

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:32:24 AM by MuSiK »

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 02:58:08 PM »
All I do is duplicate the layer then flip the item horizontal i think then just feather it out.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal