Author Topic: Need help asap (Square button keeps getting stuck)  (Read 1919 times)

Offline linkinparklp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [L I N K I N P A R K]
Need help asap (Square button keeps getting stuck)
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »
I bought a blue faceplate from here recently http://store.richspsxparts.com/neworpspfa.html and the square button keeps getting stuck down, either angled downwards or flush flat. Is there a fix for this? I noticed the button had a little plastic bit on the back of it, which I peeled off thing it would help but no cigar. It didn't happen with the original faceplate and it's annoying as hell when playing god of war cause it's a game that uses the square button a lot. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:30:32 PM by linkinparklp »

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need help asap (Square button keeps getting stuck)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:24:37 PM »
do not double post, simpy edit the last one

simply adjust the rubber pad underneath it and it should help, when u close it make sure it doesnt go back and don't press the button untill its on.
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »
if the buttons fit badly try dremel the holes a little bigger.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline linkinparklp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [L I N K I N P A R K]
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:29:55 PM »
I dont know if maybe I messed up the alignment of the pcb for the buttons when I dismantled my psp to put on the replacement memory stick cover, is there any way to tell? I've taken the thing apart so many times trying to fix this and it's nothing but a pain... I really don't know if boring out the hole would help  :confused:

Edit: A refitting of the rubber piece and carefully putting the faceplate back on seems to have fix it! I'll report back if anything changes  :w00t:  :tup:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:54:55 AM by linkinparklp »

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 03:19:24 AM »
common problem happend to me just dremel the hole larger not that much...  :boxed: then get ur [] peice and just sand around it a lil to it slides perfectally without the pcb piece behind it (make sure you do that <----------------) put the pcb on push hard where the [] is then it shood work fine if you stuff it up im not take responisable coz its a tricky job u dont want to over sand the []

Offline linkinparklp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [L I N K I N P A R K]
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
common problem happend to me just dremel the hole larger not that much...  :boxed: then get ur [] peice and just sand around it a lil to it slides perfectally without the pcb piece behind it (make sure you do that <----------------) put the pcb on push hard where the [] is then it shood work fine if you stuff it up im not take responisable coz its a tricky job u dont want to over sand the []

It seems that the problem is that when the faceplate's screws are in place the button jams, just that one. So what i've done is slightly sand the hole for the square button a bit to open it up a little, and trimmed that little lip behind the square button on the rubber piece now it seems to work like it should, but it still jams angled either up or down from time to time, not flush though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:05:08 AM by linkinparklp »

Offline linkinparklp

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [L I N K I N P A R K]
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 10:02:40 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I needed to bump this topic. So now for the most part the square button on my psp works fine but still gets stuck downward on an angle as shown in the pic below and it's really annoying, any ideas?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:07:53 PM by linkinparklp »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal