Author Topic: My GameBoy color  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Timmeh_PS3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
My GameBoy color
« on: March 11, 2008, 01:56:17 AM »
Hi,
Since I found my 2 GameBoy Colors again, (they were in my closet for about 5 years now I guess :laughing: ) I thought; why shouldn't I mod them? But because this will be my very first mod, I thought of some things.

So this is the plan (for the first one :hifive:):
- 4 rainbow leds
- new paintjob
- Build in a MP3-player
- Custom speakers
- Maybe a custom rear made of stainless Steel (kinda like an I-Pod)

So, does anyone have  some idea's or suggestions?

grtz,
Timmeh_PS3

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: My GameBoy color
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:46:20 AM »
4 rainbow leds   <<--- nice just find were you can solder them to.

- new paintjob  <<--- what color in mind.

- Build in a MP3-player  <<<--- gameboy color want let you do this unless you have the addon nintendo released.

- Custom speakers  <<<-- what size you thinking of.

- Maybe a custom rear made of stainless Steel (kinda like an I-Pod) <<<-- mite work if you have thing to not let it conflict with the bourd(static)
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Timmeh_PS3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
4 rainbow leds   <<--- nice just find were you can solder them to.

- Build in a MP3-player  <<<--- gameboy color want let you do this unless you have the addon nintendo released.

- Custom speakers  <<<-- what size you thinking of.

- Maybe a custom rear made of stainless Steel (kinda like an I-Pod) <<<-- mite work if you have thing to not let it conflict with the bourd(static)

- Couldn't find any rainbow one's so they're Blue now.... And about soldering; http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Mod-Your-Gameboy-Color/?ALLSTEPS

- Nothing extreme, just a quick layer, it's shine-through Purple now, so I might just darken it up a bit. A thin layer of black perhaps? :cool:

- I'm removing the complete GameBoy-cardslot, It doesn't need to play games anymore :victory:

- About 3 cm. Suggestions? :dntknw:

- Ok, that's a good point, maybe I'll put some rubber or something on the inside of the back, that will work, won't it? :#1:

After all, the LED's are up first, so no worries :huh:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:57:16 AM by Timmeh_PS3 »

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »
4 rainbow leds   <<--- nice just find were you can solder them to. Battery Terminals

- Build in a MP3-player  <<<--- gameboy color want let you do this unless you have the addon nintendo released. - He can internalize it in the case...i dont understand.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 04:52:28 PM »
@andy- yes he can, just i would need its fare share of room in the case, and from what i know, gbc's dont have much extra room in them

@timmeh- i think if you look for "rgb leds" then you might find multi-color ones, idk about rainbow but you might find more then just 1 color

- paintjob wouldnt be too hard, just decase, sand, then spray or w/e you have in mind, then usually a clear coat over it

-same thing about the speakers, if you have the room then fit what you can

-but the steel backplate would problly be hardest, seeing as ive never seen one made before, so you'd have to mold it then get the steel yada yada yada
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:56:30 PM by 1Sniper »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal