Author Topic: I broke my brand new ds, please help  (Read 1741 times)

phenomenal

I broke my brand new ds, please help
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:25:09 AM »
I just got a new ds, and it worked prefectly, but i wanted to do a easy mod, so i bought a clear case and tried to install it, once i finshed, the top screen half just blue and white lines on it, the bottom screen doesnt do anything and the power led just flashes, but before it just 'flash'ed it did a calibration test but the top screen was still broken (the bottom wasnt). I did no soldering and used special anti static equipment with an anti static source so it cant be the fuse

Could anybody help please?

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: I broke my brand new ds, please help
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:30:08 AM »
check you ribbon connections from the lcds shounds like something to do with them
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
By check i think he means check them for any tears or marks on them that could cause a break. Also take out the connection and push it back in as far as it will go... thats usually the problem.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
Yeah mate. If you ended up dropping the ds in any way, then that would more likely cause the ribbon to be torn/bent in one/several places, which leads to the blue screen with white lines. Try to use a magnifying glass, and see if there are any small, and I mean small tears or bends, becaue any little one like that can mess the ribbon up for good. I would retest my motherboard multiple times with the ribbon already a bit bent from having it inside but not enough to brake. After some time I went to retest, and my screen went all lines on me, so I check it, and wouldn't you know it? A small (probably 1-2mm) tear came up on the side of the ribbon, right before the part that connects to the slot, and that ruined the entire top screen for me. Sadly, it was also on switching my ds oreo theme with a clear theme, then checking to see if everything was in order.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 04:05:58 AM »
also check that any exposed points on the ribbon cables are insulated, i found on one of my bottom screens the the main positive and negative points were large uninsulated exposed squares that damn near wrecked the console

phenomenal

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »
Ok, ive been looking and analysing it for about 2 hours, ive discovered that the top flat wire is broken, but i can get a new one, also;

the bottom screen started working agian, i didnt pull anything out, then the bottom screen stopped working, and now only the top screen works, but it just flashes, once you turn it on, the green led stays on for about 2 seconds then the screen flashes and it turns off.

i checked the fuses, they are working

also the touchscreen ribbon fell out and its too hard to put back in :(

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 02:42:41 PM »
Ouch, yeah that thing is a serious pain in the arse to get back in. Just stay calm, and if possible, try to get some tweezers to grab the ribbon and carefully put it in there. I spent a good hour and a half trying to w/o getting angry, and almost wore the ribbon out, so I stoped trying. Trust me when I say to stay calm. I don't think you're angry but putting the ribbon on will frustate you to no end if you start having trouble with it.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal