Author Topic: New to Xbox modding...  (Read 2785 times)

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
New to Xbox modding...
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:46:01 AM »
First of all, I apologize if this has been asked before and I just failed to search properly.

I have just got an old xbox and I would like to soft-mod it to run linux and all those emulators and what-not. I have got hold of an original splinter cell, I have already modded a memory card into a usb adapter and have already formatted a flash drive on the xbox. I am also currently downloading an archive named "Auto-Installer Deluxe v4.10".
I would like to know if there is anything else I need to complete the task. I understand that I require a modified save file for splinter cell, is this likely to be in this archive or would I need to get it from some other place? (I appreciate that it may be against the rules to ask where this other place might be, so I wont).

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The greatest lovers were murderers first.
Re: New to Xbox modding...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:19:46 AM »
Once you get done DLing it open it up and look for the manual. It is very informative and can help out allot. If you need other help just post something up.

Good luck.

EDIT: Here is a tip.

Inside the AID folder you have a Soft mod installer deluxe folder. Inside that folder is a manual for SID. You might even have more luck just starting with that. It is very, very, easy!

After you have everything on the MC I would put it in a safe place and lable it and use it only for the files you are putting on it. It may turn out handy in the future.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 06:23:49 AM by Dun_it_right »

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »
ok, i have my CF card reader (+ xbox formated CF card) detecting under windows hardware list as an action replay xbox thingy. however it is not detected in the action replay software, neither is it detected in my computer (should it be?)

Any advice?

Offline Dun_it_right

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The greatest lovers were murderers first.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 01:33:14 PM »
Sorry I cant help with that one.

Does the XBOX recognize it?

I always get the files straight to a MS memory card.

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »
it seems to, but it wont let me copy saves to it from the hard drive, is this normal?

[edit] got it working, had to use a different pc, my laptop's a bit crap. Other pc recognized gamepad and memory card. now i have a new dashboard, how the hell do i get emulators onto the damn thing?
Is there an ftp xbox tutorial for complete noobs & dummies?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:11:45 AM by spinal »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »
just google up " ftp to xbox " not hard or if you get connectxbox i had a copy but i think  the cd got damaged
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline spinal

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »
For those interested, I have managed to softmod  the xbox, ftp'ing file wasn't nearly as tricky as I first thought. I have also upgraded the hard drive to 160gb.

Just a couple more questions...

1. how good is the xbox homebrew scene?
2. can I install a version of windows on the thing?
3. am I likely to find any use for a usb mouse and keyboard on xbox?

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
For those interested, I have managed to softmod  the xbox, ftp'ing file wasn't nearly as tricky as I first thought. I have also upgraded the hard drive to 160gb.

Just a couple more questions...

1. how good is the xbox homebrew scene?
2. can I install a version of windows on the thing?
3. am I likely to find any use for a usb mouse and keyboard on xbox?

1. xbox homebrew scene [IMO] is very good, but does not as much functionality as teh psp. Basically the xbox can do almost everything the psp can except it can only run one program at a time. So there are no background programs like IR SHELL
2. Yes, Windows 98. Not recomended though because thats wat a PC is for lol. Xbox runs better with more options under the shell of Xbox Media Center.
3. No. There is a web browser, but it is fully functional with only the use of a standard xbox controller.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal