Author Topic: multiple internal mem stick not that hard?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
multiple internal mem stick not that hard?
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
hello. well i saw l0rdnic0's pic for his new mysterious mod and i was thinking and then i got an idea to make multiple internal memory sticks. kinda like internal hd. well what i was thinking was take a few mem sticks and bridge them all together and then solder them to the contact points on the mem stick slot on the psp. could this be possible? it would be nice for my slim to have 5 gigs in it ^.^

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: multiple internal mem stick not that hard?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »
won't work because you cant format all these memory sticks together

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 07:56:46 PM »
is posibile but complicated u lose speed because the card is in spi mode read up on it. i think u might need like a flash card programer too.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:30:02 PM »
wont work as dd said you cannot format two mem sticks as one just buy bridging all the pins :cry2: but you can still do a internal 4gb or sumthing :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »
I am already working on it. I have 4 memory stick slots and I am writing the software for the pic to interface it. They can not all be on at the same time. Just switch from one to another just like we use to do paged memory on an Intel cpu.

You would get the same effect as plugging and unplugging memory sticks in your slot.

Simply a place to store them and turn each one on when you want to access the data on it.

Try it. You change the memory stick without restarting and you will see the new directories. One stick for movies, One for action games, One for First person shooters, Etc.

Besides when 4 gigs are $35 and you can put four in giving you 16 gig for under $200 that is not bad.

Later....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal