Author Topic: /\ [ ] O X and R shoulder pinouts?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
/\ [ ] O X and R shoulder pinouts?
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »
Over the past few weeks I have been searching for the pinouts of the /\ [ ] O X and R buttons. You'll notice this is my first post; i joined to ask this question. Today i searched for two hours, but finally had to resort to registering and asking for help (i like to figure out stuff for myself). I have already found the pinouts for the D-pad and L button, so I am covered there. I have also read that mouser.com would be the best place to find male and female mini USB parts, is this correct (hmm, i wonder what im planning to do, lol)? ANY help would be awesome.

(Im planning on SNES so not to f--- around with the nub, and ill do others if I can get the USB sockets working)

Oh, and yes, i know an external controller is an advanced job not for beginners, but a lone amateur built the ark, and a large group of proffesionals built the Titanic!
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
Re: /\ [ ] O X and R shoulder pinouts?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
are you saying your planning to do the Dual Analog Mod with USB's

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 03:54:33 AM »
Over the past few weeks I have been searching for the pinouts of the /\ [ ] O X and R buttons. You'll notice this is my first post; i joined to ask this question. Today i searched for two hours, but finally had to resort to registering and asking for help (i like to figure out stuff for myself). I have already found the pinouts for the D-pad and L button, so I am covered there. I have also read that mouser.com would be the best place to find male and female mini USB parts, is this correct (hmm, i wonder what im planning to do, lol)? ANY help would be awesome.

(Im planning on SNES so not to f--- around with the nub, and ill do others if I can get the USB sockets working)

Oh, and yes, i know an external controller is an advanced job not for beginners, but a lone amateur built the ark, and a large group of proffesionals built the Titanic!
man i am planning to connect the ps2 controller and those pinouts are exactly what i need, if you could give them to me you would be definitely in the credits :victory:

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:17:17 AM »
oh i c well i wish i knew cuz i want to do it as well,.. but if i did i would tell you but i dont,...

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »
Im not planning on doing dual analog, just the d-pad /\ [ ] O X and shoulder buttons (most likely with a SNES controller). Ill probably search mote tonight, but i don't think ill find anything.

So again, if ANYBODY knows how you would access the pinouts PLEASE tell me! Thanks.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:05 AM »
Im not planning on doing dual analog, just the d-pad /\ [ ] O X and shoulder buttons (most likely with a SNES controller). Ill probably search mote tonight, but i don't think ill find anything.

So again, if ANYBODY knows how you would access the pinouts PLEASE tell me! Thanks.

Do you want those pin outs on the MoBo or on the Power Board. Well I can tell you the right trigger is the very last pin to the right on the mobo connector.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
Do you want those pin outs on the MoBo or on the Power Board. Well I can tell you the right trigger is the very last pin to the right on the mobo connector.

THANK YOU for giving me some concrete info!! I am looking for the MoBo pinouts (im assuming this is how f00 did his ps2, as he used the mobo pinouts for the d pad). You got me thinking (which is saying a lot  :clap: ). I originally thought that if I couldn't find the /\ [ ] etc. pinouts on AM, i would have to check manually, but i remembered installing the virtual modder a few months ago. After hitting it up, i traced what i beleive are the pinouts, of the home bar, and found that you are indeed correct that the last pins on the right are the shoulder button. But things still don't quite add up...  First of all there are only 8 pin leads that i traced from the home bar and there are eight buttons, so there would need to be 16 pin leads, where are the other eight??? AARGH i just cant explain some of this in words! there are four pin leads to the left of the power jack, two of which i am fairly certain are for the hold switch, the other two are possibly leads for one of the buttons im looking for. Also, there are leads that are fatter than the others and seem to separate groups of the smaller leads (like the eight home bar leads I found, they are on the far left, and are separated from the rest by a fat lead). I am asumming these are grounds, as they take up the space of more than one pin.

And how would i hook up wires from the pins to female mini usb ports? there is a positive and negative, pin for each button but...  :censored: how in  :censored: do you DO this??

Im gonna look for more info before posting again, i have enough questions already...

THANKS for any help!!!

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
F00 took the signals for the Face buttons off the powerboard, look around for the Dual Nub tutorial, there should be a nice picture that shows where to wire them.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »
F00 took the signals for the Face buttons off the powerboard, look around for the Dual Nub tutorial, there should be a nice picture that shows where to wire them.

really? I DID think of looking at the dual nub tuts this morning, but didn't pursue it enough i guess. I can't tell you how grateful i am for your help. If you ever need a kidney or something...  well, maybe not...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:55:14 PM by Wedge »

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »
*deleted
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:17:56 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »
This helps out quite a bit. I did manage to find another picture of a soldered board, but it wasn't nearly this clear. And thanks for including the home bar buttons, if i ever get this working, they might be very uselfull!

Does your ps2 controller work yet? i might have some other questions... I think i might use a ps2 controller after all, mainly because f00 already has info on the pinouts of the ps2 in the development thread.

Offline EintrachtManu

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 03:31:21 PM »

This picture shows the points to solder to on the powerboard. Sorry I made the font so small for the pin labels, it looked a lot bigger when it was zoomed up in photoshop. 

Where is here the Ground (-) for the Razor Mod?

Or is there a Tut with pics?
Can I use the orighinal Analog Stick from Sony (i know it's a litte bit large but would it work) And where is the Ground on the Razor from Sony? I hope you'll help me :)

Greets from Germany

Manu :tup:

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 05:43:05 PM »
*deleted
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:18:17 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »
I am using a playstation 1 controller for this. So far I have wired it to the psp d-pad, analog stick, face buttons, start, select, R1, L1, and home with all functions working. The home button is wired to the ps1 controllers analog on/off button, everything else is self explanatory. I still have R2, R3, L2, and L3 open on the controller so I think I am going to wire up the volume+ and volume-.

I used the ps1 controller because it will work just the same as a ps2 controller, and I had an old broken one just waiting to be hacked up. I have all the pinout info for the ps1 controller that I can post if you want.

Manu, I am new here and this is the first time I have heard of the Razor Mod, I will look it up though.

He is talking about the Razor Nub.

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
I am using a playstation 1 controller for this. So far I have wired it to the psp d-pad, analog stick, face buttons, start, select, R1, L1, and home with all functions working. The home button is wired to the ps1 controllers analog on/off button, everything else is self explanatory. I still have R2, R3, L2, and L3 open on the controller so I think I am going to wire up the volume+ and volume-.

I used the ps1 controller because it will work just the same as a ps2 controller, and I had an old broken one just waiting to be hacked up. I have all the pinout info for the ps1 controller that I can post if you want.

Manu, I am new here and this is the first time I have heard of the Razor Mod, I will look it up though.

What grounds did you need to wire up? f00 said he needed too, one for the analog (back to the declasified doc oc thread i go!)

Offline EintrachtManu

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »
I found a Tut now.
Can I have a MSN oder ICQ Addy for questions? I have now the original Nub from SOny here... Can I use this too? Whre is ground on that Nub? I need help please :)

Greets from Frankfurt
Manu
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:38:07 PM by EintrachtManu »

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 04:23:48 PM »
*deleted
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:18:33 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »
Wedge, my analog stick wouldn't work correctly when sharing a ground with the other buttons, so I had to cut the lines on the controller board and run 4 wires from the analog stick. All of the other buttons are grounded on the same line.

thanks, im starting to get it all now! best news all day! this also answers another question i had (but that's a looooong story)! (excited  :w00t:)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
hey Wedge your using the PS2 controller right.and if you are and works do u mind helping me out on that as well...once u finish cuz i have PS2 controller that i been trying to do the same thing but never found info on it so yea..

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
hey Wedge your using the PS2 controller right.and if you are and works do u mind helping me out on that as well...once u finish cuz i have PS2 controller that i been trying to do the same thing but never found info on it so yea..

actually, im starting with snes, but ill move to ps2 later. I looked at doing it with ps2, but it wasn't solderable. i think ps1 i can do though (with dual analogs).

sorry if that was unclear, but im lazy  :laughing:

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »
actually, im starting with snes, but ill move to ps2 later. I looked at doing it with ps2, but it wasn't solderable. i think ps1 i can do though (with dual analogs).

sorry if that was unclear, but im lazy  :laughing:
oh ok so is the PS1 controller easier then the PS2 or something..oh wedge have u got to the D pad pinouts those thing are hard to soldier no joke...there tiny u something small to get in there and soldier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal