Author Topic: PSP WI-FI  (Read 1062 times)

Offline soyaib93

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP WI-FI
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:48:04 PM »
Does any1 know how i can strengthen my psp wi-fi signal

if any1 does know what do i need

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: PSP WI-FI
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:17:19 PM »
I know there is a tutorial somewhere. But it's a hardmod which you will need to open up your PSP to do. If you don't want to do that, just buy a wifi extender. It is a station that will broadcast the signal farther. Try googling it.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »
this is illigal in some countrys so do not do it if it is. open up your psp and disasemble it down to the wifi/sound card remove the original wifi pigtail antenna from its socket. drill a hole in the back plate behind the wifi board and hook up a U.fl antenna to the U.fl psp socket. If you want massive gain use like a 19dbi grid dish lol but thats a bit overkill for a psp. :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:36:56 AM »
this is illigal in some countrys so do not do it if it is. open up your psp and disasemble it down to the wifi/sound card remove the original wifi pigtail antenna from its socket. drill a hole in the back plate behind the wifi board and hook up a U.fl antenna to the U.fl psp socket. If you want massive gain use like a 19dbi grid dish lol but thats a bit overkill for a psp. :tup:
maybe you could put a switch there to disconnect the U.fl antenna connector and keep the little antenna in the psp and make a switch for that one too? So you could always turn one on and other off, because i would find it annoying to always carry the antenna with my psp if i wanted to use wifi on the trip

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:40:09 AM »
do u think u could do that on a slim... hooking the antena

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal