Author Topic: External loudspeaker mod. help?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Dazzerr--

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
External loudspeaker mod. help?
« on: March 20, 2008, 03:15:26 AM »
Hello

Well, i was looking through my junk and i was playing about and i wired a 80.5w speaker to the official sony earphones.

I managed to wire it all up and it worked but the speaker was as loud as headphones can go.

where the psp sound chip is and the pinouts so i can increase the impediance?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:24:42 AM by Dazzerr-- »

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: External loudspeaker mod. help?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »
use an lm386 and then wire up the speaker to your psp speakers not the head phones that should work

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
use an lm386 and then wire up the speaker to your psp speakers not the head phones that should work

Headphones would actually work a load better.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 01:05:51 PM »
i know but he wants an external speaker, like maybe the size from a desktop speaker? i dont think he would want headphones in his ears after amplifying the sound. and i dont think lm386 is capable of amplifying the headphones. correct me if im wrong

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »
ok he asked me and i told him to ask here i know what needs to be done but dont know the pin outs for the lm whatever chip, but i had another idea

ok he wants to take some headphones and cut off the little in ear pieces, i know how to wire speakers to these

there are generally three colours the one that both headphones have in common is the live / power as all speakers need one of these, then the other two are left and right audio respectively

i told him that he needs extra power because the power output from the jack is not enough as it is only for earphones

so to make it better instead of having an external power supply he should wire a switch to an extra power source, which i now realize he can get from anywhere, best place is probably the motherboard and wire it to the switch and then wire the middle pin on a three way switch to the headphone jacks live / power pin, this way he can switch it on and off for when he doesn't have the speakers in

so now that i have realized what to do would someone please remind me where the power source on the psp's motherboard is, the one near the bottom of the board i think

thanks

hope you all understand
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:39:28 AM »
how do you go about wiring the external speaker to lm386?

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »
you dont need too because the headphone jack is connected to the one inside the psp, but even if you did you could wire the chip to the jack, all the speakers need are more power, as i think you will find any external speakers that plug into an mp3 or anything have, as the headphone jack outputs little power so you amp the power with an extra source, but this can be done by wiring internally inside the psp so the jack gets more power but you would need to make it have a switch so you dont blow you head up when you have headphones in

p.s. can somebody please tell me where that power source is on the mobo i have never used it before, but it would be perfect for this mod, thanks
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline frustratedW/PSP

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
Well, I'm no good at hardmodding the speakers, I can lend my help though in the increased volume dept.

http://dl.qj.net/LightMP3-v2.0.0-BETA-1-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/16347/catid/140

This handy little app has a volume boost, just push the up or down button on the dpad, and you can boost the volume from the psp. Also it has a functional equilizer and you can add stars to your favorite tracks, and play them on a playlist. Also, on a full charge, you can get up to 11 hours of play back! I installed it the other day, and now my psp bumps!

Easy peasy! :tup:

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 07:33:15 PM »
just a idea but you could make a 1watt stereo amplifier out of 2 of the ancient lm380 chips and wire it to a 12v power surply you could get some major gain with it :tup: But lm380 are obsolete and there are much better chips around i just use em some times cas i have bout 500 of em lying round.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal