Author Topic: 3 questions about the psp....  (Read 2559 times)

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I'm you. Just a little.... Bizarre.
3 questions about the psp....
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:09:39 PM »
im buying a psp pretty much just for crisis core, and im getting a used one from gamestop. so my questions were: whats the difference between a slim and the original psp's (besides the obvious), how much space does a game save generally take (im getting a 1 gig memory stick and plan on getting emulators), and is there any way to mod the internal memory of the psp. any answers would be awesome.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: 3 questions about the psp....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
well i have both psp slim an fat i like using the fat better for homebrew cause it has the 1.50 kernal.the games saves range from 250 kb to 1000 kb i dont know what you mean by internal memory

*FuFa - No talk about ISOs here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:47:09 AM by *FuFa »

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »
i was checking out the specs on the sony website and i thought it said that it had a 32 mb memory on the psp itself, without the memory card. good to know thanks

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:30:36 PM »
i was checking out the specs on the sony website and i thought it said that it had a 32 mb memory on the psp itself, without the memory card. good to know thanks
oh ok ur welcome

Offline tanoz

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:22:05 AM »
i think internal memory is meant to represent ram. slim loads some games fast coz it caches more data in ram. also i find slim has a better screen, brighter and clearer and its easier to use button combos.
Lots of gaming stuff but too lazy to mention =]

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »
hmm... i see. well damn i wish i was getting me a slim then! lol. which is easier to mod?

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »
That all depends on what MOD you want to do. I prefer the Slim for moding because there is a boat load of space inside for mods... As far as memory, The Slim has 64 Meg of Ram but that’s used only for the Firmware and Cache. All games that you play will save your Save Game Data on the memory stick not the internal Ram.
   However as it was noted before if you plan on running Homebrew the Phat is a better choice because it supports a true 1.5 kernel, but a lot of applications are being coded for the 3.X Kernel now especially the emulators.

Of course this is only my opinion. :eyebrow:

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »
I don't know if this is obvious, but the slim has TV-out. The buttons on the slim are raised more (makes it easier to play on), it SUPPOSEDLY loads games faster (there isn't that much difference from my expierience). If you're going for homebrew, a phat is probably a bit better. If you have the money you might want to get a slim, but it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Most of the emulators are small, its just the roms themselves that take up space. With a gig, you should be more than fine, unless your'e thinking of...
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 02:12:40 PM »
 wasnt going to mod anything too crazy, just have a gold faceplate, a chrome red back, and ultraviolet leds in the shoulder buttons: ironman. what is homebrew? and now im trading a complete for a 4 gig stick lol. my friend said it would be better with a 4 gig cause then ... what did I say about illegal stuff? Do you guys even read the rules? - *FuFa
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:52:05 PM by *FuFa »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 02:16:56 PM »
yes the psp do have internal memory but that is used to store flash files which are needed to run the psp, about the most you can do with this memory is add new fonts/themes/gameboots. The diference between slim and phat is slim has double cpu and ram speed of the phat... but quite clearly the phat is fat meaning more space for mods. plus slim has no IR speakers are at the top of the unit everything internaly is slightly smaller and compressed and the UMD door now manualy opens and there is TV out.

wasnt going to mod anything too crazy, just have a gold faceplate, a chrome red back, and ultraviolet leds in the shoulder buttons: ironman. what is homebrew? and now im trading a complete for a 4 gig stick lol. my friend said it would be better with a 4 gig cause then [...]

btw downloading games is illigal only use iso if you are making backups of games you legaly own.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:52:46 PM by *FuFa »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 02:53:10 PM »
well thats half good for me then lol thanks!

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »
wasnt going to mod anything too crazy, just have a gold faceplate, a chrome red back, and ultraviolet leds in the shoulder buttons: ironman. what is homebrew? and now im trading a complete for a 4 gig stick lol. my friend said it would be better with a 4 gig cause then i could just download psp games onto it and not have to buy them.

homebrew games are just games people have made for other hacked psps. There is a crapload of it out there, but a lot of it is crap. Emulators are homebrew.
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline wolfo03

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 05:46:32 PM »
oh ok thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal